“Very Good Local Food”

Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 1,295 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Scottsdale Rd.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This was our first visit. We were recommended by friends to try Tommy V's. There is nothing fancy inside decor wise. We were a party of 4, and all of our food was served hot, with a great portion size. We found the prices very reasonable. I had the chicken parm and thought the chicken cut like "butta". The red sauce tasted very homemade. The bread served at the table was very good, with additional offered without asking. The downside to our visit was the service. Our server came by our table too many times right after we had been seated to bring us drinks and take our order. We were talking about some recent tripd we had taken, and did not want to be bothered early on. We expected the server to check on us after each course to see how our food was, but he never did (go figure). He was not worth more than a 15% gratuity, and hat may have been generous. Despite the server (which can happen), we loved the food, and without a doubt would return again. One more quick point, the restaurant has it's own parking lot which is a plus in the old Scottsdale area where parking can be at a premium and weekend nights.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We ate in this restaurant twice. the first time we came with our family - five adult children and our two year old grand-daughter. A few days later my wife and I came alone. Both times the service and food were excellent. The restaurant is nicely decorated, but not pretentious. I was impressed that the servers as easily adapted to the needs of a two year old as they did to older clientele. The food is outstanding. The eggplant torte and butternut squash ravioli is not to be missed. Pan seared salmon with sweet corn is also great.
My wife and I liked this restaurant so much that we will consider returning to Scottsdale for a short vacation just so that we can eat here.

1  Thank Stewart L
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This restaurant was amazing! I was looking for a restaurant last minute to host a large group for a birthday party, I called and spoke to Zoran (owner/chef) and he was willing to work with me to accommodate! He worked to custom make a set menu for my party and reserve a private area of the restaurant. He was a true pleasure to work with.

Every part of our five course meal was amazing! The food and the staff / service could not have been better! We had approximately 20 people and everyone walked away saying how much they enjoyed their experience and the food. We will definitely be back and he gained a lot more customers too!

Overall, great food and great service..... Go eat there!!!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

After walking around the galleries of Old Town, my wife and I stopped in for lunch and to escape the 100+ degree temperatures. The restaurant is organized around a bar with floor to ceiling windows on both sides that make the space feel big. The server was great filling our water. I went with a butternut squash ravioli from the all day happy hour section of the menu while my wife ordered the beet salad. We enjoyed both dishes and would return for either lunch or dinner.

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food and service! Nice atmosphere - casual or romantic. We ate there with our daughter. You would expect it to be pricier but it's very reasonable priced. Our appetizer of tenderloin with arugula and Parmesan was our favorite! All our pastas were delicious. I had the pasta trio - just not enough of it The gnocchi was to die for. The eggplant pasta was good just not my favorite.
They are a wine dinner once a month and if we were here we'd be going - food looks amazing with excellent wine pairings.