“Whats a find”

Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 1,257 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Scottsdale Rd.
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Whats a find”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went here based on the reviews on TA, and I am happy to say that we were not disappointed in the slightest. We have a dog which has not adjusted yet, so their willingness to accommodate us on the patio was such a help.

The food was superb and the service was impeccable. I had the Sea Bass special which was cooked to perfection, my fiance had the Chicken Parm, also done just right. They have an excellent selection of beers and wines to accompany the meal, and their desert menu, while short, covers all the bases.

Last, but by no means least, several of their offerings are *organic* and they even have Gluten Free options for those that require.

Overall, this is a fine example of how to do fine dining right, and cater to all walks of life. We will certainly make this a regular on our list of places to eat.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Michael W

Swanland
“Superb food beautifully served”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

If you end up staying at the Hilton Garden Inn I would definitely recommend eating at this nearby restaurant. The food was really excellent - I had fish which was absolutely delicious. There was live music and the waiters were attentive and helpful. A surprise bonus for us was the owner's generosity. We had finished our meal and paid the bill and were asking the waiter where we could buy some milk for our breakfast as we hadn't seen any stores in the neighbourhood. After some discussion, he asked the owner who promptly gave us two very large cups of milk on the house! How kind.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Janet B
“Average”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I honestly don't know how this restaurant gets so many rave reviews. We dined at here last year and remember it as a good place to eat but not so this time. We started with house salads which were flavorful and had a nice mix of ingredients. We prefer our salads cold, not at room temperature but they were good nonetheless. I ordered the special, Chilean Sea-bass. When it arrived was presented with mashed potatoes and spinach. It looked good however it was very salty and the fish was quite thin. I've had this fish numerous times in many different restaurants and its usually nice and thick and juicy due to its high fat content. This dish was neither. The mashed potatoes were just OK, a bit bland but the cooked spinach was tasty. My wife had the spaghetti and meatballs. She said the meatballs were tasty but the sauce was too peppery. The restaurant was crowded and noisy and the service fair.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Steven S
Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Excellent venue”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We visited Tommy V's on a Saturday evening when the restaurant was very full and busy, giving it a great atmosphere. However, this did not detract from the attentive service we received or the quality of the food.

My husband ordered the sea bass and he said that it was the best fish dish he had ever eaten. As I have to follow a gluten free diet, I was happy to discover that the restaurant offers many GF choices, including pasta, and I was really spoilt for choice. The waiter's wine recommendation was also spot on and served deliciously chilled.

We were so impressed that we returned on the next evening when the restaurant was a lot quieter but the food and service were once again excellent.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JeanE1961
Gainesville, Florida
“Another Home Run!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I don't leave Scottsdale without visiting Tommy V's for dinner and my most recent visit secured a return once again in October! The service is excellent and the food is superbly prepared and flavorful. My compliments to the chef...again!!!

Visited July 2013