“Great meal and atmosphere”

Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 1,308 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Scottsdale Rd.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was my first visit to Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar in Scottsdale, AZ, and I was very pleased with the restaurant. I made a reservation which I am glad I did, the restaurant was packed by the time we got there. We ended up sitting outside since it was such a beautiful evening. We ordered a bottle of wine for the table, a Resling, which was great. The waiter gave up plenty of time to socialize with the other couple we were with, however, I mentioned to the waiter I wanted to order the Maui Maui and because of his delay in taking our order they ran out of the fish. He even mentioned to me that he had taken several other orders for the fish and probably knew they were running short. If he really wanted to impress us he would have told us in advance to place our order. In the end, I ordered the chicken marsala, which was just ok. The Ceasar Salad was very good which I shared with my husband. Two people at the table ordered pasta dishes which they said was very good.

Tommy V's is located in Old Scottsdale within walking distance of other restuarants and bars, a great location to spend a Saturday night.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The owner Zorn begins your dining experiance with a greeting to every customer. He will say hello, ask how you are, and make sure the waitors are tip-top. Food is excellant and if you have questions over the menu........the servers are eager to explain. They have early-bird(happy-hour) specials prior to 6:30 p.m. w/ discounted drink and dinner prices.

We've been in Scottsdale 2 weeks and have dined there 3 times. Your dinner/lunch begins with great bread and olive oil.

Eat on the open air patio.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Loved the food, wine list and service. The food was fresh, good sized portions, and a great value. The wine list was great and priced very competitively. We ill be back.

1  Thank 60ireland
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Two story restaurant + shop, outdoor seating, view of shopping center and nearby mountains; this location has it all.
The beginning did not fare well, as our hostess was unprofessional to say the least.
The event was saved by the waiter - Daniel, who was efficient, helpful, quick yet unobtrusive.
Lobster bisque was well and tastefully prepared, as were the crab cakes and pork ribs. Side order of coleslaw and asparagus were equally tasty and presented more as a main meal, rather than what they were. The only disappointment were the Yucca fries.; images of being juicy and crisp, they were as dry as the surrounded deserr; pitty. Plenty to drink. Nice atmosphere and privacy, though the restaurant was busy and full of patrons.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We chose Tommy V's based purely on trip advisor reviews for Italian restaurants.

The place is very modern with a nice bar area for pre dinner drinks.

I had the carpaccio followed by a trio of fresh pasta. The portions were not huge ( which is something I actually welcomed ) and left enough room for dessert.

Service was attentive and the atmosphere was buzzing ( largely due to baseball spring training )

This was our first visit but definitely won't be our last.

1  Thank Psychopath