“Great in all respects....”

Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 1,243 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale
“Great in all respects....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had never heard of Tommy V's when our friends asked us to join them last night for a "Winemaker's Dinner". When we arrived at 7PM the restaurant was packed with the best dressed and looking crowd I have ever seen in any restaurant in Arizona. This was the first tip-off to the rest of the evening. Despite the hubbub we were warmly welcomed by the owner, handed a glass of Prosecco and seated immediately at a table that was beautifully set with multiple different sized wine glasses. Having been to several winemaker dinners at other restaurants we were expecting minuscule pours and no seconds but our fears were unfounded as the wine flowed very freely. The dinner consisted of generous portions of a delicious crabcake appetizer, an excellent and imaginative salad and an awesome main of shortrib with a cheese plate finale. Even the breadbasket had thick slices of warm, crusty and hearty bread. All this for only $50 per person made it the deal of the year. Both the owner and the winemaker moved from table to table to talk to the diners which we enjoyed and appreciated. We plan to return for a regular dinner and certainly will go all their other winemaker dinners based on this experience.

1 Thank PeterAZ

Paradise Valley, Arizona, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Dining Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have been a fan of Tommy Vs since they opened. I always look forward to my next visit. Whether it's happy hour or dinner, each time it's a treat. There are many fabulous choices to choose from. Everything on the menu is delicious and consistent from what one might expect from this upscale restaurant. The staff is friendly and professional and Zoran the Owner and General Manager makes sure your visit is a positive one.

If you haven't been to any of the wine dinners, you need to sign up for the next one because you won't be disappointed. The amount of delicious food that is served to the fine selection of good wine, the customer's satisfaction is their #1 priority.

We went with a group of friends and everyone enjoyed the wine dinner, the restaurant and the staff. They immediately asked when the next one will be and have dined there in between. Love the food and the atmosphere. All good and fun! Never a complaint! Check it out.

1 Thank Linda S
Lincoln, NE
“Good food, worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I tried this restaurant based on Tripadvisor reviews and close proximity to my hotel. All in all it was a pretty good experience. The shrimp risotto was very good. The bread at the table in advance was average. Our server was very friendly but must have been brand new. She wasn't too helpful with the wine list or entree suggestions. She also brought the salads out with our meal and seemed surprised that we expected them in advance. She was very friendly though and personality goes a long way in the hospitality business. The decor is nice but the atmosphere is a bit loud. Id recommend this place though as I feel they are capable of providing a much better overall experience than mine tonight. At the end of the day the food is pretty good, that's a good place to start right?

Chandler, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our Date Night at Tommy V's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I discovered Tommy V's last winter when my wife and I were new-comer's to the Phoenix valley. It was Valentines Day and I had waited (almost) too late to make reservations. I first tried the usual suspects but they were booked. Now my wife and I are Italian snobs, so when we are in the mood for good Italian (which is pretty much 99% of the time) - few places will satisfy.

I found Tommy V's on the internet and looked at their menu. The menu looked perfect, so I made our Valentines reservation. When we arrived we were surprised to find a completely different menu than what we read on the internet. This is because Tommy V's often does specialty menus on holidays and special occasions. All we could think about on the drive up there was pasta, but the special Valentines menu actually had little of it. Hang in there - this gets really good. Disappointed, I talked to the waiter, Chris. I told him I promised my wife a great Italian pasta dinner for Valentines Day. Chris asked "what did you have in mind?" I told him "how about some Fettucini Bolognese?" Chris said "we'll take care of you". Then out comes the owner, Zoran, who greets us and explains how the kitchen works on special occasions like these - how the food and fresh ingredients are planned for ahead of time. He could tell we were really in the mood for the regular menu, so he says "we'll take care of you". Then out comes the chef, Doug. He greets us and kind of explains again how the kitchen is stocked for special occasions, but asks again - "what did you have in mind?" I tell him how I promised my wife fresh pasta - and Doug says "we'll take care of you". A short while later my wife and I were the only ones in the restaurant eating Fettucini Bolognese from the regular menu. I'm still amazed at how accommodating they were. I have no doubt the special menu was fantastic, because everything they do there is solid gold. But the Fettucini Bolognese hit the spot, which is saying a lot for folks like us.

That experience was so one-of-a-kind that my wife and I have spending our Friday night date-night there every week since. The staff there are friendly and unusually flexible; mixing and matching different pastas and sauces to accommodate your taste. They take the time to get to know you, and remember you by name when you come back - and you WILL come back.

1 Thank Lonnie S
Scottsdale, Arizona
“This restaurant has a fantastic total experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I cannot sat enough of the Italian food created with just the right amount of subtle changes and added flavors; that give this place a 10+ on food! The wine list has a great array of choices for every budget to have a great food -wine pairing!

Treats: the homemade sausage;squash blossoms with goat cheese(in season) and of course a great happy hour menu

1 Thank don9611