“Nice Alternative”
Review of The Herb Box

The Herb Box
Reserve with OpenTable
The Herb Box is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #190 of 1,257 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Thompson Peak Parkway
Description: One of three locations. Not since college have herbs been so popular - catering | eatery | market - Scottsdale, AZ
Cave Creek, AZ
“Nice Alternative”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Overall had a great time. Waiter/Chef was very accomodating with my substitution request for the Lentil Meatball dish (I don't care for spaghetti squash so the recommended pureed celery root - worked great!). Although much of the menu leans vegetarian, the star of the evening was the Thai BBQ ribs my husband got - delicious! This is a good place for some very interesting and healthy options, but still has the burger or meat dish for those that really just want some meat. I'd go again.

• Visited August 2013

Tempe, Arizona
“Loved the food, had a great server”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Met friends for breakfast and RED VELVET PANCAKES. Sat outside in their big deep chairs and enjoyed the shade (this was in the fall) and the quiet. Not many folks up yet apparently. I've also been there for lunch and enjoyed the salted edamame as well as vegetarian enchiladas. I would go back any time in the fall and winter, sit outside and enjoy very good food.

• Visited October 2012
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Food is good, service is horrible”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It always makes me feel conflicted when I consider having lunch at the Herb Box because while the food is very very good, the service is so so SO horrible. From spacey-hostesses to and expediters who carry water pitchers but see no empty glasses to unhappy and uppity servers... the service is wretched. I expect to be greeted by my friendly server within a minute of being seated and I expect to be offered a beverage immediately. Apparently I expect too much. For some very strange reason, this particular Herb Box only hires crabby servers who are not at all interested in making the dining experience of the customers his/her number one priority. But, the food is always very well done and it is very cute and cozy inside and out. It's really a shame. I would eat there more often if it weren't for the lousy service. My advice: get it to go.

• Visited May 2013
Morristown, Arizona
“We Love this Place & Look forward to returning”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have been here a few times and are impressed every time. I love the open air atmosphere and the fresh menu. I am vegetarian so it is the perfect choice to get foods packed with flavor and variety. I love the sweet potato tacos and everything else I have tried including brunch. Yum! Great place!

• Visited April 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love The Herb Box at The Waterfront”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Love The Herb Box at The Waterfront downtown Scottsdale
I've only been there for lunch but it was fantastic ever time
Fresh soups, salads and sandwiches
Everything I have ordered there was superior!
Beautiful relaxing atmosphere
Great service
Lovely patio on the waterfront

• Visited January 2013