“What a refreshingly different hotel!”
Review of Saguaro Scottsdale

Saguaro Scottsdale
Ranked #46 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This property looks like a box of crayola crayons exploded, but in a really great way. Brilliant colors and Ikea type furnishings add to the fun feeling when you arrive. Great beds and bed linens made for a great night's sleep. The rooms were spacious and clean. We had a nice little patio off our room. The property has two swimming pools that were available. We were near the smaller one, and it was plenty big. Within walking distance of downtown and several restaurants and great shops. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I liked the convenience of a ground floor and having a patio. Also, the hotel is dog friendly.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Morgan K, Manager at Saguaro Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Hello ww13,

Thank you for taking some time out to review your recent stay!

The hotel was designed by Peter Stamberg and Paul Aferiat. A fun little fact, the twelve bright colors actually represent indigenous flowers in the desert.

And yes, we welcome 4-legged friends!
We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Saguaro Scottsdale

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I booked through Priceline and upon arrival at the hotel was shocked to learn that I was hit with a $22 resort fee over and above the price I paid Priceline. I was informed it's buried somewhere in the fine print. I I handled this by contacting Priceline they told me I was stuck with a fee and so I removed the Priceline app from my phone. Upon further review of the hotel it was certainly overpriced for what I paid. The air conditioning in the room or substandard and the temperature during my stay was well above 80 degrees. The pool area was filthy. I did not try the other amenities due to my disappointment with the hotel. I don't recommend the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank casadepepe
Morgan K, Manager at Saguaro Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Hello casadepep,

We appreciate you taking some time out to review your recent stay.

I apologize about your negative experience; this is not of the norm here. We do have a resort fee, though it covers many amenities such as valet, complimentary access to our fitness center, wireless internet and the use of our Saguaro Bicycles to name a few. We try our best to ensure all third parties clearly state information on our resort fee and I apologize if it was not done in this case.

Also, I apologize about the about the air conditioning in your room. We are currently in the process of replacing many of our air conditioning units.

We would like to discuss your stay further with you, if you could contact mkunse@jdvhotels.com at your earliest convenience.

Morgan K.

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We had a very pleasant stay at The Saguaro. Colorful hotel in 70's style. Very friendly and helpful young staff. Nice colorful rooms. Comfortable pool area with bar. We had dinner in their restaurant and asked them to surprise us. Delicious Mexican dishes, tapas style. Excellent! Would definitely go there again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Inky44

Hello Inky44,

We appreciate you reviewing your stay here in Scottsdale!

Living on the edge asking the server to surprise you! I like it! You choose the perfect place to do that; everything in Distrito is mouth-watering. Distrito is actually one of Iron Chef, Jose Garces’s, restaurants. No wonder why it is so amazing!

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed there this weekend and was pleasantly surprised and happy with our selection! Not sure why someone said it should have had a 1star ranking! Location was great, rooms were clean and the decor was very nice! Shopping and plenty places to eat were within feets behind the hotel. My only complaint was that I paid $8 for a bratwurst. I thought at that price it was something special but it was no bigger or better than the ones they sale at the grocery store for $3.95 for a pack of 6! At least make it a specialty Bratwurst! Will go again but will eat elsewhere!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Bearcat323

Hello Bearcat323,

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay with us.

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! You’re correct, plenty of places to eat shop and drink right in our backyard. It makes it easy if you don’t want to rent a car on your vacation!

Until next time…

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family and I arrived at your hotel tired and cranky from the heat and long drive. Within minutes of our arrival Aurora at the front desk put us in completely different mood. Her smile patience and attentiveness to my needs were so sincere and calming that i felt like she knew me already. Every time i passed by her she referred to me by name and asked if there was anything i needed. We ended up booking another 5 nites and already are thinking of next years plans. As you must already know that you are so lucky to have Aurora and her welcoming personality around your guests but I just wanted to reiterate it and am looking to having this same experience on our next vacation.

Thanks again

Cary

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cary B

Hello Cary B,

Thank you for your wonderful review!
We are very lucky to have Aurora; she is one of a kind! I will make sure to share your delightful comments with her and the team.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Wonderful staff, funky, eclectic property with big rooms and great vibe. Fun pool scene. Location was fantastic to access Old Town (right out the back door and spills into the heart of it) for great sightseeing, shopping and nightlife. Every encounter with staff was perfect - super friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view or better yet, terrace opening to pool.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Hello Scott W,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from you recent stay!
We are so glad you had a fabulous experience; we love hearing about them!

We hope to welcome you back to Scottsdale soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Got a great $50. Rate on Priceline, room would not be worth more than that. While the staff was excellent, this hotel is definitely not worthy of a 4 star rating. Color scheme was awful and in need of a fresh coat regardless. Bed was comfortable but on a wooden frame which stuck out that we kept banging our legs on. Bathroom was small, had no counter space and a sliding door which didn't close all the way or lock. Pool was nice and bar food and drinks were great. Location is awesome but again, doesn't make the place deserving of that 4 stars.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Marsha G,

We appreciate you reviewing your stay here in Scottsdale.

I am very surprised you did not enjoy our colors, our guests usually rave about it. The hotel was designed by Peter Stamberg and Paul Aferiat. The twelve bright colors on our palette actually represent indigenous flowers in the desert!

We hope you come back to give us another try!