Saguaro Scottsdale
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$118
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$99
Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$144
$132
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$219
$151
$144
$180
$158
$179
EmbassySuites.com
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$67
$354
$339
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsbright colorsold townbathroom doorgiants spring trainingan older hotelpool areaart galleriesbars and restaurantsguacamolepool partygreat poollocation was perfecthappy hourgolf cartfitness centerdistritovalet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I had to find a hotel in Scottsdale to stay at for one week, as I had bilateral hip surgery, and needed to stay in town for a week. The resort was PERFECT for my recovery time.
The staff was phenomenal from Rafael at the front desk to Zack at the pool bar.
They waited on me hand and foot.
Most important were the lovely meandering walkways for my required walking regime.
The hotel is very eclectic, with furnishings that look like they are from Scan Design.
The pool area had wonderful couches, and cabañas with fireplaces and flat screen TV.
The hotel its self is in the center of old Scottsdale, with easy walking (walker) access for oodles of restaurants and great shopping. But really you never need to leave the grounds, with the fantastic chef theta have. I highly recommend the chili reaneo, you will never have one like this.
There are golf carts, and bikes to use, free internet.... I could go on and on.
Heidi

Room Tip: Many of the rooms have gated patios for pets!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Morgan K, Manager at Saguaro Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hi Heidi!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback from your stay! I will be sure forward your compliments to Rafael and Zach, they will be very appreciative.

From all of us at the Saguaro Scottsdale, we hope your recovery has been successful and we hope to see you back here soon walking like a champ!

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

It's a little hard to find, but this hotel is right in the heart of Scottsdale. You can literally walk out the hotel and be in old town shopping within 2 minutes. The hotel itself is very clean and well maintained. I stayed here many years before when it was a super upscale hotel and it still carries some of that gloss. The rooms are accommodating enough space, the beds are comfy, and since it's a pet friendly hotel, you can bring your 4 footed babies along like I did. Ok, now for a few minor drawbacks. The color scheme of the place was a little weird. I'm not find of bright pink and purple and other loud colors for my room but I can deal. There's not a lot of counter space in the bath. The resort fee is quite high. And the heating system took forever to work, since we were there on a rare cold night. But the staff was incredibly helpful, even bringing a doggie bowl to the room for my girls. They have free valet parking and the front desk staff was super accommodating when I asked for a ground floor room. My girls appreciated the patio area off our room for extra space to play. I'll probably stay here again the next time I'm in Scottsdale.

• Stayed: January 2014

Hello Katrinna P!

We appreciate you feedback on your recent stay with us. We do love our four legged friends, we are glad you brought them!

I do apologize if you were caught off guard about the resort fee. The fee covers many features such as complimentary Wi-Fi in-room and throughout the hotel and pool areas, complimentary valet parking, complimentary in-room coffee, complimentary fitness center use, complimentary yoga classes, and complimentary local and long distance calls.

On your next trip to Scottsdale we hope to see you and your girls again!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We wanted to stay in the Old Town section of Scottsdale and this hotel fits the bill. It's kind of quirky, not for everyone, but the amenities are very nice and the location is great. The layout is a little unusual but interesting. Workout facility is limited for the size of the hotel. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant which I rarely do and it was wonderful. Breakfast at a local eatery was terrific as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Hello cctravelerCctx,

Thank you for your wonderful review you wrote! We appreciate all of the compliments and comments that we receive from our guests. We learn from each and every review that is given to us and try to make each experience better than the next.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Scottsdale!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have very mixed feelings on this hotel. On one hand, you can not beat this hotels location. It is in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale and you can walk everywhere. On the other hand the hotel was unbelievable noisy and I barely slept any of the time we were there. We asked to be moved after the first night because it was so loud beginning very early in the morning. The staff is incredibly friendly and was very accommodating. The hotel also has these wonderful bikes available to guests and we really enjoyed using those. The restaurant was terrible and we had a horrid experience there. However, we did visit the spa while we were staying with the hotel and had a wonderful experience. Both my husband and I had great massages. I am not sure if I would ever choose to stay with this hotel again.

Room Tip: Request a room near the pool to allow for more light in the small rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Alissa B,

We appreciate the feedback you have given!

Our location is hard to beat like you said; right in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale! Being able to walk anywhere is perfect for out-of-towners. Especially with our complimentary bicycles we offer to our guests! But, with the location, we do sometimes bring in the “party crowd”. Our security team tends to any noise complaints that are reported and they enforce a strict “no party” rule.

On the other hand, I apologize about your experience in the restaurant. This is not a normal occurrence and I will make sure to review it with our team. Next time you are in Scottsdale, we hope you come to visit us again so we can give you the wonderful experience that it should have been!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Our firm hosted a conference here in October. The hotel is in downtown Scottsdale, and from there it is a pleasant walk to the art galleries and boutiques. At night, you can catch a golf cart cab ride to anywhere. The hotel pools are very attractive. The rooms are colorful, but some of our guests thought that they were outdated and dirty. Staff was attentive, but a few times they did not replenish food on the buffet line fast enough. This hotel only has one conference room . While I would enjoy staying here for a weekend of site seeing or relaxation, it isn’t suited for business conferences.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hello Awenzl,

Thank you for taking some time out to review your stay with us in Scottsdale. We appreciate our guests’ feedback.

We host many business meetings and conferences here. Surprisingly we have about 10,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space; from large event spaces to smaller breakout rooms. If a guest is here on business, we hope they get some leisure time to enjoy some of our surroundings like the art galleries and boutiques you mentioned.

We hope to see you next time on a more relaxing weekend!