“Fantastic Girls' Getaway”
Review of Saguaro Scottsdale

Saguaro Scottsdale
Ranked #44 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My best friend and I met for a girlfriends' getaway at The Saguaro. The place is so chic and so fun! The decor makes you want to go home and redecorate your whole house with the bright colors and materials. We ate at Distrito about a million times---for brunch, dinner, and poolside tacos twice. The food is THAT good. I also wanted to say something about the awesome service there: the entire staff is dedicated to making your stay great, and do everything from bringing you robes at the pool to arranging complimentary yoga classes. There are two pool areas: one is quiet and secluded, the other has music (even underwater!), a bar, super sweet cabanas (with fireplaces and tvs!) hot tub, and heated pool. We also had a blast riding the hotels' bikes into town.

My only (very minimal) complaint is that the walls are a bit thin and you might hear things (ahem) you don't want to. But we spent most of the time either at the pool, riding bikes, or in town at restaurants and bars, so it didn't really matter.

Can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
AKleinGM, General Manager at Saguaro Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Great news! I am so excited that you had an incredible "girls getaway". I can tell by the enthusiasm in your review, it was a fun time! Thank you for all the wonder comments; your passion is to create a unique experience for each of our guest. We look forward to your return stay at the Saguaro Scottsdale.

There are newer reviews for Saguaro Scottsdale

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel, but what i got was 5 star service. Located right in old town Scottsdale, walking distance to tons of restaurants and shopping - actually thought it was a steal of a deal. The pool area was great, they have two separate ones. We took out the bikes the hotel provides complimentary were a ton of fun -

the rooms weren't the most high end but it was a GREAT value and the service is better than we received anywhere else in town. Thanks for a great weekend!

Room Tip: pool view room was great
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
AKleinGM, General Manager at Saguaro Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thanks for the great review. We were so glad that you had a great experience with us, and that you were able to enjoy Old Town, ours beautiful pools and our Saguaro bikes.

We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I kept waiting for something to go wrong so that I could blog about it, but everything was perfect. Sure, we happened to go when Scottsdale was experiencing the coldest weather they've had in 25 years, but that didn't stop the bellmen at the front of the hotel from greeting us warmly every time we came in and out.

The staff at the front desk and in the restaurant was exceptional as well. The rooms were done in a funky fun sort of way.

Great location. Two minute walk into Old Town.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Roberta M

Wow, thanks for the outstanding review of our hotel. We love to hear when our guests have a great stay, so thanks for the positive feedback.
As for the weather you experienced, Yes, occasionally we get a cold wave. Thank goodness it does not last long. It is 85 and sunny today, 1/23/2013.
Please share with all your friends, and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed here last March for 1 night only during spring training season. A reincarnation of other named hotels. Very good location. Casual but friendly front-desk. Lobby had some funky (fun) artwork. Our room was a bit tight though cute & colorful. Lighting in the bathroom not the best. We loved the pool. Comfy lounge furniture & nice outdoor fireplace(s). Expensive overnight parking. Really splurged on this place (Around $300/night). Restaurant was very good; little tough to find servers at the pool for snacks but once you found a server - drinks and food both good. Doubt I would go back at full price but glad we tried it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

As always, it is great to hear from your guest. I noticed your stay was from last year, March 2012. We are consistanly working to enhance the guest experience during their stay. I have shared your thoughts and concerns with our team.
I certainly hope you will consider us for your next visit.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Usually I am very vigilant in heeding the advice of fellow tripadvisor members. This time I failed myself by ignoring the negative reviews. Although this place has an interesting vibe, I would never stay here again. It is basically a motel. We had a particularly bad experience because we had the most obnoxiously loud neighbours, which really isn't the hotel's fault. However, the washrooms are tiny and run down looking. The sheets were not at all comfortable. The TV is quite large and nice, but really that can't save the room. We went for breakfast at the restaurant, substandard. In sum, I tried to save a few bucks booking this room for 1 night at the end of our trip. Now I know why I got such a good deal. It's just not worth it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank vancity9
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is an old hotel/motel that has been redone with fun colors, trendy furnishings. It has a great location, as it is right in old Scottsdale. However, they missed a lot of the details.....the bathrooms were not redone, and the shower head and shower controls are extremely dated and rusted out. Furthermore, we NEVER had hot water, lukewarm at best. We were traveling with other people, and we checked with them as well, and same situation (no hot water, rusted out faucets from the 70's). Also, we were here for the BCS bowl game. When we returned from the game, NOTHING was open - not their bar, not room service, etc. They had hoardes of people in the lobby and only one staff member. The next day, at the pool, I counted over 25 people at the pool, and the bar was not open. You had to walk Across a parking lot to get a drink. When what we saw was a waiter, we asked him if we could order a coke for my son, he told him he really wasn't serving and he needed to follow him across the street to get it. Again, they know based on occupancy rates how many people will be at the hotel - they need to staff appropriately. Could be great if they could get the important details worked out.

Room Tip: Ask for hot water!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank susan_b_healy
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I am actually here now, been here since this past Wed night. I had two rooms booked by my company in error. Called to cancel one of the two and was advised to take pool facing room with patio not the suite. Took that advice. For an 8 night stay on business I find the room small. It also has a very musty almost mold like order. I keep opening the slider in hope of getting the smell out. Service at check in from Mike was excellent! Front desk too. As a frequent business traveler I ALWAYS tip the housekeeper 2 per day yet had to ask for extra hangers 3 times. Only got them when I ran into the turndown crew, who were great. Dirty pillowcase which looked to have been used as a rag or something was left in my room. Coffee, shampoo and other essentials not replaced daily. Garbage was not emptied first day of housekeeping. Ice bucket not emptied either. Room service hours and menu sorely lacking. 7am for a business person during the week is too late and 10pm too early. When ordered ro service tonight after incredibly long workday was asking for vegetables which are not on the room service menu. Had a great server, listed what was on the "regular" dinner menu and brought it to me. I didn't have noise issue with my heater but the noise of one of my neighbors units is keeping me up right now! As a Joy of Life member I really expect better. It's not that any one thing is horrible, it's just that when I travel I expect my needs to be anticipated and the room execution for daily service to be flawless. Love the flat screen, tv channel options and close parking but honestly that's about all I can say to recommend. And the gym. It's pretty good and open 24 hours. I am planning on a spa treatment while here. We'll see how that goes. There goes my neighbors air conditioner/heater again....guess I won't be sleeping tonight at all. Sorry Saguaro I really wanted to love this place!

• Stayed: January 2013