“A great breakfast”

David's Hamburgers and Mexican Food
Ranked #308 of 1,299 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 14, 2013

A great traditional American malt shop and restaurant: don't be fooled by the exterior, it's well worth a visit. The pancakes and omelette were good with generous portions with charming service.

1  Thank P S

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Lived near here for years and had always just walked by- finally tried it and was really surprised! Food was great, from the outside it doesn't look all that special, but inside its very bright and clean. Decorated like a '50s malt shop. Huge selection from breakfast food, Mexican, burgers, salads, and more. Portions are huge- I ordered a double burger which was a mistake- way too big! Would have fed 3 people. My wife had breakfast which she loved, big soft fluffy pancakes, eggs and crisp hash browns. My son had a Mexican combo plate which I tasted and was very good. Our total was under $40, so it was a good value, we look forward to trying again. Good place when you just want a good bite in a quiet place.

2  Thank Rabbott1
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I wanted Mexican, my husband wanted a BLT. David's had both and they were quite good. Loved the old time feel and the 50's music. We noticed that several of the local shop owners were getting David's take out, and congratulated ourselves on finding someplace that wasn't just for the tourists.

2  Thank efspetaluma
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the double David burger with fries, it was like $9 and it was worth it. The burger tastes like it was handmade and certainly does not look like a frozen patty from Costco. Also had the home made apple pie that was equally as great at $2.50. Definitely a great place

1  Thank SgtHatred
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We wandered into this joint kind of by accident. Our waiter told us they had the best burgers in the world so what can you do, we tried them. He was right. Best burger I have ever eaten! They even had great live entertainment by a lady country singer from Nashville. We stayed a bit longer just to listen to this Patsy Cline-like singer/yodeller. The whole experience was excellent and fun and the food was so good! We will be back!

2  Thank Batdude3