Our family of 4 (2 teens) just returned from staying a week at the Sheraton Desert Oasis. We loved it! Our reservation was for a 1 bedroom with full kitchen. After reading here, I called ahead and requested a rollaway bed and the 3rd floor if possible. The pullout sofa would have been good for smaller kids, but with 2 teens it was best just for one person. The elevator stopped right outside our unit on the 3rd floor. There was a spacious balcony that overlooked the lovely mountains. The unit was clean and very nice. We were kind of concerned about the space, but it was arranged so that each area had privacy. I saw the smaller 1 bedroom unit and it would be good for a couple alone or maybe with one child.
The pool area was great for all of us--and needed in the 115 degree heat! There were lots of people, but it never seemed overcrowded. We enjoyed the hotdog cookout one evening (you could make 'smores too) and the boys got involved with some organized activities like water volleyball and video game time for teens. There were lots of activities to choose from...especially for younger kids. The pool provided pool towels which was an added bonus for me not having to keep up with wet towels! We ate a few times at the pool snack bar and found everything to be good. Free refills on soft drinks all day long.
Great location; Phoenix is easy to drive in and good spot to take day trips. We went to Sedona, Grand Canyon, Meteor Crater. I had hoped for wireless internet in the room, but it was only available in the lobby/bar area. But it was quiet in the mornings and there was coffee! The grounds were well-kept and lovely; the staff were helpful and polite. We've used our timeshare week at other places across the US and we have to say this one rates at the very top.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy spacious one and two-bedroom villas providing up to 1,290 square feet with enough room to accommodate as many as eight guests. Each villa includes a fully equipped kitchen or well-equipped kitchenette, washer and dryer, separate dining and living room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Starwood, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sheraton Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Desert Oasis Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Resort Scottsdale
- Sheraton Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Sheraton
- Desert Oasis Scottsdale