“Service awesome- clean hotel”

Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hudson, New Hampshire
“Service awesome- clean hotel”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

We checked in and received an unexpected shark float amenity for my sons 10th birthday. I mentioned it was his birthday before arriving, but didn't think they remembered or cared! Very nice!
Pools were super clean, relaxing. Our room is on the small side for a 1 bedroom, but we spent just sleeping time there anyway.
Awesome visit- I'd recommend!

Stayed August 2014
SDOManager, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear cc72704,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so glad you had a great visit!

We certainly hope to see you again sometime!

Sheraton Desert Oasis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Dublin
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I picked this resort for some weekend relaxing after a tough week of business travel. From the moment I arrived I was bitterly disappointed. The front desk staff were not busy but completely uninterested in checking me in or seeing did I need help. When I asked could someone help me, they did but I was met with a frown like I was causing them trouble.

The lovely thing about this resort is the facility itself. The rooms and beautiful. The pool area, gym and grounds are well maintained. Don't expect to eat anything other than burgers onsite. No dry cleaning facilities either. When I asked about it at the front desk, I felt so stupid for even asking the way the staff member made me feel.

I'm not a fussy guy, just appreciate polite service and it was severely lacking here. I would recommend avoiding this place until we see more smiles. It's a pity because the place is beautiful.

Room Tip: The facility is rather flat and spread out, if you are so inclined ask for a room near pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank P C
SDOGM, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear P C
Thank you for providing us with feedback in regards to your recent stay at our property. Please know that we value your input!
On behalf of the resort, I would like to apolozige for the disappointing experience you had with our front office staff during your time here. It is highly unusual for us to get negative comments about our associates, and we are truly sorry that we didn't live up to our usual high standards in your case.
We were wondering if you would be able to give us a call to talk about this further? Please feel free to call the hotel main line at 480-515-5888 and ask for the Front Office Manager. We appreciate it.

Warm regards,

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Stayed for a week at the SDO. Was excellent in all respects. Very nice rooms and great staff. Pool and surroundings were top class. Even survived the Dust Storm. Everything about the room was excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank johnmorris569
SDOGM, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear johnmorris569,

Thank you for all the nice things you had to say about our property and staff! We loved hearing that we were able to provide you with a great vacation experience! I'm sure the dust storm was an "experience" of its own, but I'm glad you made it through safely. More often than not, they look worse than they turn out to be.

Come see us again sometime!

New York
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed the week of 6/22/14 and LOVED everything about the resort. All areas were beautifully maintained and clean. Staff at every level were friendly and helpful. We had a two bedroom lock off, so my daughter and her friend had their own "apartment" and we had ours - while we didn't spend much time in the rooms, it was nice to be able to spread out, especially having two bathrooms!!!!! The villas were very nicely appointed with everything you could need, and the bedding was beyond comfy! The resort is well situated to the highway, with shopping and restaurants of all kinds within minutes. We are Starwood owners, and I was very impressed with everything. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank fixitswife
SDOGM, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear fixitswife ( love that name by the way :))

What a great review of our property! Thank you so much for all the kind things you had to say about our staff and our property in general.
One of our main goals here at the resort is to help our guests enjoy their time here to the fullest, and it sounded like we were able to provide you with a great vacation experience and memories that will hopefully last for a long time.

Come see us again!

Hurricane, WV
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Nice pool area and the rooms are comfortable. The two bedroom lockouts work nicely for a family needing to let the kids have separate living quarters. The staff is helpful and nice. The kids activities are well organized. Haley is awesome with the young kids. The poolside grill is good for drinks and food. Everything is clean. The beds could be better. Bring your own pillow.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank DanHolstein
Dear Mr. Holstein

Thank you for your nice feedback in regards to your recent stay at our property. We were glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us, and we'll make sure to let Kaylee know that she made a positive impact! She'll be thrilled to hear it.
We were sorry to hear that our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed somewhat missed the mark for you. More often than not, it receives high praise, but it probably comes down to personal preference in this regard.
We hope you will come back to see us again sometime!

Warm regards
Lewisville, Tx
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Our family of 9, from Texas and Minnesota, had an awesome fun-filled vacation at the Sheraton Desert Oasis in Scottsdale. Although it was my 2nd time in 7 years staying at this property, it was my family's first. We arrived on June 28th and stayed through July 5th. Check-in was quick and uneventful. And the guy who checked us in was so friendly and helpful (and cute). And Barbara, the concierge, was so knowledgeable and helpful in introducing me to the area, shops, landmarks, etc.

We had a 2 bedroom villa and a one bedroom villa on the first floor that accommodated everyone quite comfortably. I typically reserve 2 rooms, with me having my own separate quarters for peace and quiet. My two adult daughters, son-in-law and 5 grandkids (ages 3 to 13) shared the 2 bedroom with a lock-off. My oldest sister and I shared the one bedroom, with a pull out sofa. The bed and pull out sofa was extremely comfortable. I was quite impressed with the renovations that had been completed, and thought the décor was beautiful. And the grounds were well maintained.

The kitchen had every utensil that we needed and the market was just a short distance from the resort. The unit also had a compact washer and dryer. The bath had a double sink with a large walk-in shower that was amazing, and a Jacuzzi. . The living and dining room was roomy and bright.

Housekeeping regularly kept us supplied with fresh clean towels. And it was greatly appreciated!!
The staff was professional, friendly and courteous during our entire stay at the resort. Kasandra, at the pool side grill, made a couple of deliveries to the room with very tasteful meals. She was always suggesting we take part in the pool side activities (dive in movie, figurine painting, etc), and we did. The resort offered guests 2 pools to choose from. We were only a short walk from the large pool which had a waterfall. The kids had a blast at the pool several times a day, and the activity sheet was helpful in describing all activities taking place at the resort. My sister, daughter, and son-in-law enjoyed the adult pool which was a short distance from the large pool, but very quiet. Thanks to Mo for providing us shade by lifting the umbrella!! My sister and oldest daughter really enjoyed the water aroebics classes each morning whereas I enjoyed resting quietly in my room, and eating at Charleston's restaurant near the resort. Kierland Commons is nearby as well as other shopping, dining and activity related options.

I don't have any negative comments to share about this resort. Every member of my family thoroughly enjoyed themselves and had huge smiles on their faces. The memories they will have will last for years to come, and for that I am so grateful to the Sheraton Desert Oasis. I highly recommend staying at this resort.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TrishAnn27
SDOManager, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear TrishAnn27,

To start, wow, thank you so much for the very positive comments regarding our resort. Experiences such as those you describe are what all of us here strive to provide our guests!

I am so glad that you were able to enjoy so many aspects of our resort and the local area.

We certainly hope to see you again sometime. If we can ever be of assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Gatlinburg
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I came to Phoenix for surgery. I wanted a convenient, comfortable place to stay. Having ground floor entry was important to me since if might not be able to climb stairs. SUPER clean. Everything is top notch. The bed was above average for comfort. Plenty of pillows and lush linens for comfort. The front desk called and checked on us mid week and sent a blanket by my request. No negatives , great value & facilities!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SDOManager, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear MountainPhotographer,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear that our resort met your needs during what sounds like was a difficult time, and that it was comfortable for you.

Hopefully you will be able to come visit us again soon, under more enjoyable circumstances! If there is anything we can ever do to be of assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.