“Our new home away from home!”

Sheraton Desert Oasis
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Siasconset, Massachusetts
“Our new home away from home!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We love everything about this hotel! The pool is amazing! The food by the pool was yummy too. Every night we hung out in the large hot tub. The gym was great and spacious. We biked every day at McDowell mountain which is beautiful. It was great to come home everyday to the oasis and recharge our batteries. We'll be back again soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eemia
SDOManager, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Eemia,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us- and such great one at that! :)
We were thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that we could be part of making your vacation experience a memorable one.

Please come visit us again sometime!

The Sheraton Desert Oasis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Paris, France
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Truly enjoyed our stay here. We came to Phoenix for a get-together with our high school classmates and we loved the renovated room so much, we spent more time there than usual.
The room was fantastic, all the comforts of home and more. Our patio was a bit confining with a view of a tree, but it was a bit cool during our stay so we didn't use it anyway.
Nice that the fitness room was open 24/7. The pool area was great and the smoothies delicious!
A shame there isn't a bar open in the evening, we would have loved to enjoy a nice drink or glass of wine with our friends.
We had to ask for a cooking unit; all the pots and pans were provided, but not the cook top. It was delivered exactly as we asked, with a followup call to ensure we had the service requested.
In order to get around the area, a car is really necessary, but that is Scottsdale, so spread out. Nice to have Trader Joe's, Whole Foods etc in the area. Enjoyed sites such as Talisien West and Cosanti with wonderful hiking nearby, plus the Botanical Gardens and more.
We would love to return more often, the staff was super! Our thanks to all them.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Karen75017,

Thank you for your nice review about your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate your kind comments about our property and staff and we were happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here!
We would love to have you back, so hopefully, we'll see you again sometime in the future.

Hawaii
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We found the Sheraton Desert Oasis through RCI, and were excited to try our first Sheraton timeshare. And, I must say, we were quite pleased. Our unit was very clean. We would have loved to be upgraded to a one-bedroom with a larger kitchen, but our kitchenette was adequate, and our unit was in very close proximity to both pool areas. We had a car, so we actually found the location of this timeshare to be very convenient. Trader Joe's was just a few minutes away in one direction, and we discovered the amazing Fry's Market just a few minutes away in the other direction. The property was quite nice -- well-landscaped. The main pool area was impressive with the waterfall, but we enjoyed most our "private" pool right outside our door. It was usually empty in the early evenings when we took our swim. Also, be sure to get the Sheraton map they provide at the concierge's desk. That map was fantastic -- it had all the stores, restaurants, attractions -- well-laid out. One of the best maps I've ever been given. And, I tend to navigate by landmarks, so this was especially helpful. The information at the concierge desk was excellent, and the concierge was very knowledgeable and pleasant with loads of helpful info at her fingertips. My one comment is that they should ease up on the pressure to sign-up to attend a time-share talk. We explained that we were not interested, but we were still asked in various ways to sign up. And, for three consecutive evenings, the phone rang in our unit about three separate times. We were not expecting any phone calls, so we didn't answer. Perhaps, they were just calling to ask us for feedback on our stay, but we suspected we might have been asked again to sign-up for a session and that was enough to keep us from answering. Overall, this property is great. If I were considering a timeshare, I'd consider this one. It's a clean, well-maintained property, and it looks like they are making improvements to some of the units. We participated in their bingo games, and I thought the staff running these events was great. So, definitely lots of positives for a repeat stay at this Sheraton.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SDOManager, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Aloha056,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such an extensive review about your recent stay at our property. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we also want to thank you for your nice comments in regards to our staff and property in general.
We certainly hope to see you again some time in the future.

Auchterarder, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Albeit I'm an SPG Platinum member, I booked 4 nights here through a vacation rental owner. I got a renovated room on the third floor and it was excellent. Fireplace and bath in the bedroom, and everything you require:first class. However the pool area is 4 star with a high smell of chlorine, and renovations are underway. As I didn't have a car, there was no bar or restaurant, which I didn't understand on booking. I found taxis expensive to Scottsdale quarter and Westin Commons. There was a shuttle to a shopping centre one afternoon during my stay for $5, and I felt that the hotel should be running a daily shuttle. However, staff are pleasant and accommodating to all requests. Arielle, the vacation ownership representative is great, and whilst the "timeshare" experience was a poor one, the Manager and Arielle addressed this in a first class professional manner.

Room Tip: Get a renovated room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank iris m
SDOManager, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear IrisAnne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate it!
We were happy to hear that you overall enjoyed your time here, but we do want to apologize for the lack of a sit down restaurant on property. We certainly understand that this was an inconvenience, especially given the fact that you didn't have a car with you. We do hope you were able to take some advantage of our poolside bar and grille however.

Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at this location for a convention. We knew ahead of time that the property had renovations underway and hope they update fitness center with more of everything. It's a little bare.

My main reason for posting a review is twofold:

1) On our 2nd night, while preparing to leave for dinner, we found a small (3 inch) scorpion scurrying across the floor. Needless to say, no more bare feet in the SECOND floor rooms. When we brought it to the attention of the desk clerk that night my son was told that nothing could be done until Engineering came in the next morning. That goodness we don't have small children or my wife would have moved us to a different hotel. The claim was that the scorpion had probably climbed up the dryer vent... okay, that doesn't help ease our concerns.

2) We have NEVER charged anything to a room EVER in our lives. We got our bill emailed to us after the trip and found food and liquor charges on it. This is a timeshare. There's a kitchen in the room and grocery stores nearby. No need to get resort food. I'd called twice and had to leave messages. I called again on 1NOV and spoke to Josh who said it was definitely from the previous occupants of one of the two rooms we had. He stated that it would be reversed. It hasn't yet and that isn't acceptable. I'll be calling my credit card provider mid-month to challenge the charge and file a formal complaint at that time if this isn't fixed immediately.

I don't post reviews often and let the scorpion situation slide until I was seemingly ignored regarding the food charges.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank EasyTravellerCA
Dear EasyTravellerCA,

On behalf of the property, I would like to apologize that your stay with us fell short of your expectations, with the billing error being the primary reason.
The Front Office Manager let me know that a reversal of the incorrect charges has since taken place, however, this should not have happened in the first place, and I completely understand your frustration with this situation.

We usually take pride in great customer service and satisfaction and truly regret that we missed the mark in this instance.

Thank you for your time.

toronto,ontario,
Reviewed November 6, 2013

through our RCI timeshare we stayed 5 nights here and enjoyed it.The units were recently renovated and were very, very nice. There was no restaurant on the premise and you had to drive a distance to the closest one. The pool was lovely and the staff were very accommodating.

Room Tip: recommended
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank o4fun
SDOManager, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear o4fun,

Thank you for your nice comments in regards to your recent stay with us! They are much appreciated! We hope the fact that besides our poolside grille, we do not have a restaurant on property did not inconvenience you too badly.

Please come see us again sometime!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Let me start out by saying this is a really nice place. But based on the reviews I read here prior to booking my trip, it fell flat.

Have any of you people ever been to a hotel before? Or are all the reviews fake?

I mean, it's a nice hotel and all but it's no five star resort and I certainly did not experience any service that was above and beyond.

That being said, it was a really enjoyable stay and overall a great experience. I had the pleasure of staying in one of the newly renovated rooms and they did a nice job with it. The room (1 bedroom villa) was very spacious and clean. The jacuzzi in the bedroom was a real pleasant surprise. The only complaint I have with the room is the shower. Not sure why they picked the shower floor they put in, but it already seemed dated and showed the dirt in certain areas.

For those complaining about being harassed about the time-share - I did not experience this at all. Yes, they left a message about a "free gift" awaiting me at the front desk. But that was really it. No phone calls, no one mentioned anything to me in person. Nothing else.

The grounds are nice and will be stunning once completed, but it is still under construction. I LOVED that the hotel gave me a warning about this before I booked my room and they were very detailed about when and where the construction would be. That was much appreciated and a class move.

I will say that the signage on the property should be updated. It's not even clear where to register because the first building you see is the "clubhouse." That is where you check in but there are no signs saying registration or anything like that. And when you get to the parking lot near your rooms, there are very few signs telling you where and how to get to your room. I had to walk all the way around and ask someone by the pool to help me. (she did, graciously).

Another minor complaint is the television. While they are new and modern, the time it takes to change the channel is ridiculous (meaning while channel surfing. It takes a few seconds each time you change the channel for the picture to show up). Not sure how to fix this really, other than replacing the t.v.'s.

So overall, a very pleasant trip, with standard service. Nice hotel? Yes. Unbelievable, amazing, unexpected? Sorry, but no.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room BEFORE you arrive.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank greyat15
Dear greyat15,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such extensive feedback on your recent stay with us. We always appreciate input from our guests.
We were glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall, even if there were a few things (e.g. better signage) that could have improved your stay.

We do hope you will visit us again sometime!