“Nice hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Alcazares, Spain
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family and I took a vacation to Scottsdale, AZ. We had a relaxing and enjoyable time. The hotel was lovely, however, there were a few downfalls. First off, there was no Blu-ray player on the entire resort, not even to borrow or rent. Also, the one and only jacuzzi they had was out of commission during the entire seven days we were there. Lastly, when I needed assistance from one of the concierge people, I was told to call her back to find out the information I requested.

Room Tip: The one bedrooms have a nice jacuzzi tub in the bedroom!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
SDOGM, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Greetings christinamcneely!

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences at the Shearton Desert Oasis! We of course always strive for a perfect score from our guests and apologize that we fell short of your expectations.

One of our pool pumps went down causing us to close the jacuzzi for the weekend until repairs could be made, but we were able to get it up by Monday afternoon. We are sorry for any miscommunication that caused you to think it was down the whole week.

We have also passed your feedback to our lead concierge so they can follow up with the team member you encountered. This of course fell below our expectations, as well as yours. We are here to provide memorable experiences for our guests, and apologize for your experience.

We hope these small bumps along the way will not deter you from future stays with us and we'll see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Fort Collins
Reviewed August 3, 2012

From the time we were greeted at the front desk, to our departure, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Scott, the security guard got us a luggage cart and even offered to help with our luggage.
The large pool was very refreshing in the Arizona heat in July. The poolside bar had plenty of food and drink selections at reasonable prices.
Our accomodations were spacious and very well maintained and the bed was comfortable with extra large pillows. It had a large shower and a large jacuzzi tub. A wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KirkandSuzieM
Thank you KirklandSuzieM!

We never get tired of hearing about our fantastic staff! The sparkling pool is a must have in the July heat!! We hope that you'll be back again soon. Please keep sharing your future experiences with us!
California, Maryland
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was our first time to stay at the Sheraton timeshare property. The staffs were friendly and coirteous. The one bed room premium came completed with full kitchen. The view from our room overlooked the rock waterfall. The swimming pool is very large and one end with a very tall waterfall. Even though the temperature was in the 100+ degree the pool water was cool. The most impressive item for me is how Sheraton provided the closed by information to their guests. There was a map within 5 miles radius showed restaurants, grocery stores, attractions, etc. It was most useful. The property is nicely lay out and well kept. If we were in the process of purchasing another timeshare property, we definitely will look into Sheraton. This property is a definitely excellent.

Room Tip: Outer perameter rooms to be a little bit away from the pool noises.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank d2s1c2j
SDOGM, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Greetings d2s1c2j!

Thank you for a marvelous five star review! We do our best to ensure our guests enjoy our clean rooms, sparkling pools and wonderful staff. We hope that you will continue to visit us whenever you find yourself in Scottsdale again!

Warmly,

SDO Management Staff
Calgary
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We recently had the opportunity to spend an extended weekend at the Sheraton Desert Oasis in Scottsdale. It is very well located; easy to find from the airport (right off Fwy 101) and close to lots of shopping and restaurants/nightlife. Check-in was easy and we were pleased to receive a package of community information from the Concierge. Although this is a time-share property, we felt no pressure to attend any sort of presentation (and didn't). The condo's are beautiful and well equipped. They even have a washer and dryer. I only wish they had two beds in the bedroom (so I didn't have to sleep on the sofa bed). It was hotter than Hades so we really enjoyed the pools (especially the quiet pool), and the staff were all fantastic. If I ever get to Scottsdale again, I will definitely stay at the Sheraton Desert Oasis.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the outside of the property for extra privacy
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank flamesgal
Greetings flamesgal!

It is certainly hot this time of year and a great time to enjoy our pools! We love to hear about our guests enjoyment with their room and our property. Thank you for taking the time to share with us and hope you'll visit Scottsdale again soon!

Warmly,

Sheraton Desert Oasis Management
Valley Stream
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was our first time staying at the Sheraton Desert Oasis but it will certainly not be our last. Conveniently located, yet somewhat hidden. Plenty of restaurants in the area. The staff is extremely helpful and kind. The rooms are huge and comfortable. It has a breakfast bar with stools, diningroom table with four chairs, a large kitchen, bathroom with shower, large enough for 10 people, and the bedroom has a whirlpool bath tub and two TV's. Being that we were with three kids the front desk placed us close the the pool, making it easier for them to just go on their own.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mirellabonilla
SDOGM, Manager at Sheraton Desert Oasis, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Greetings Mirellabonilla!

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our clean and comfortable villas with your family! We love to hear that our staff continues to remain helpful and especially kind to our guests. We truly hope that this will not be your last stay with us and look forward to hosting future vacations for you and your family!
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I had stayed in the past at properties in Scottdale, but not at Sheraton Desert Oasis Villas, and the moment I departed, I regretted that my available time did not enable me to fully enjoy the property's ambiance.The property itself does its name justice. It is very-attractively landscaped (with palm trees and shrubs, some of which were in bloom) and contains an attractive swimming pool. It consists of well-maintained clusters of one- and two-bedroom villas. The main building is eye-catching. It reminded me of a hospitable Mexican hacienda. The Desk clerk welcomed me warmly at check-in, which was quick and efficient, and handed me a map of the property. Armed therewith, I proceeded in the dark along bending well-lit walkways, It took me a while to locate my villa late in the evening, but I finally did. And what a villa! Although it is located on a trafficated road, I did not notice any road noise in my room, probably it is located in the property's core. I was pleasantly surprised by my one-bedroom premium villa, Its size almost permits ballroom dancing. It has a breakfast bar plus dining area, a kitchen and comes with a whirlpool bath tub, a separate shower, two gas fire places and at least two TV sets. I almost needed a map to orient myself to remember my way.. My welcome gifts were chocolates and a cylindrical bottle of premium Voss water. I slept very well in a very comfortable bed.

My wake-up call came almost too soon. The hotel served a tasty breakfast. I found the room rate quite reasonable. The night before, I had asked the concierge to reserve a taxi for me. After I had checked-out - quickly and efficiently-, the taxi was just arriving. Good to have concierges, and this one was very helpful.

My predilection for swimming pools is almost legendary, and I regretted not to have time for a morning swim. The Desert Oasis is so inviting that the swimming pool itself, leave alone the property, is worth my return.

Room Tip: Villas in the hotel's core are very quiet, but they seem to be so well-built that even villas at...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Bonifacius
Greetings Bonifacius!

What a wonderfully detailed account of your experience with the Sheraton Desert Oasis!

We think we're pretty special and love to hear all about our guests first impressions of our resort. As we are Sheraton we thrive on the warm and hospitable feeling you mentioned. We want to be that home away from home for our guests enjoyment and comfort.

We are anticipating your return to our Oasis and hope it won't be long before we see you again soon!
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My family of 5 has always had a wonderful time at the Sheraton desert oasis. We have been staying here since it first open and love it! The rooms are great! I recommend it to all my family from the east coast and even my friends here in AZ. Everyone who has stayed here loves it! The only thing I do not like about the Sheraton Desert Oasis is the early check out time :( I like to sleep in. My family and I will continue to stay at the Sheraton for weekend get a ways and when we want a week to relax! It is also and will continue to be the first place I recommend to my friends and family on the east coast!

Room Tip: Make sure your balcony does not face the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sheila H
Greetings Sheila H!

We love those 5 star reviews! Thank you for taking your time to recount your recent stay with us! The next time your family is headed our way, please let us know and we'll do our best to arrange a late checkout for you to enjoy our Sweet Sleeper Beds to the fullest extent! Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Sheraton Desert Oasis, see you again soon!