We stayed at the Sheraton through our time share exchange based on the great reviews. I am happy to say we were as pleased as expected. :) The customer service is great, the pool is gorgeous, and the resort was always clean.
The pool is beautiful and was ALWAYS stocked w/ plenty of towels, no matter what time of day. Our only downfall was that it closed at 11pm, wish it was a 24 hour pool, or at least the adult pool be 24 hour. We went over the 4th of July and even though it was busy, there were always seats when we got there and the pool was never overly crowded. Great temp also, not too hot or too cool, just perfect for the 110* weather we were there during. The hot tub was very hot, but once in, a comfortable hot... lasted about 20 minutes which is a good amount of time spent in a hot tub. We were there during the sand storm and they had the pool cleaned and up and running by dinner time the next day - a huge pleasant surprise given the size of the storm. Definitely appreciated this given the weather as well. There was a gentleman that worked at Splash (pool bar) and he was always smiling and passing out cups of water to the guests, he seemed to really enjoy his job and it was nice to see that kind of enjoyment while on vacation.
We hiked Pinnacle Peak (easy-moderate, definitely a nice leisurely hike), and Camelback Mountain (HOLY HARD!! More like a huge workout! Bring plenty of water. We're in shape and it was hard! Rewarding when done, but definitely a challenge).
Rent a car. I was debating this and VERY happy I did. The resort is about 4 miles from the nearest grocery store, and not surrounded by places to eat or anything, so I feel a car is very needed based on its location. Splash is the pool bar but only open till about 6pm and doesn't serve dinner. Fully stocked kitchens in the larger 1 bdrm and 2 bdrms, so you can easily get by making dinner every night, but it was nice to have a car and get out -- the town is gorgeous. :) It would be awesome if they had a restaurant on site (more sit down material and that serves all three meals), but there are plenty of places to eat if you have a vehicle.
We did the time share tour and were not hounded by any means. A few less calls following up for our decision would've been nice but I understand they were just keeping up on it since we were undecided at the time. They were also very respectful about it, just calling to follow up and that was it. The presentation was 1:1 so went as quick as we'd like. We had all our answers within 90 minutes and enjoyed the presentation. :)
The resort was always clean, really enjoyed the property. The workout room was of adequate size for a resort, not big, but big enough. Very nice equipment and I loved that they had fresh, damp towels in a fridge, dry towels and sanitizing wipes all within the workout room... they really go all out to make the guests comfortable!
We really liked our room (larger 1 bdrm). Had a full kitchen with all the supplies we needed; even had a dishwasher! :) Had a jacuzzi in our room, along with a separate shower in the bathroom (dual shower heads), and dual sinks as well. A fire place in our bedroom AND in the living room area (with a pull out couch), a table that sat 4 of us, and a washer and dryer in our unit. Made for a great stay. :) We had a room on the third level corner and didn't hear a peep the entire week we were there. I requested a quiet room and it was in a PERFECT location - quiet and very close to the pool and workout room.
I really enjoyed this resort and our vacation, and highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The distinct beauty of the Sonoran Desert paints a picturesque backdrop for this family-friendly resort. Just moments from the area’s finest shopping, dining, entertainment and recreation, here is the perfect vantage point to make the most of your Scottsdale getaway. And when it’s time to relax, take comfort in the amenities right outside your villa door. Sheraton Desert Oasis has two types of villas, as detailed below. One-Bedroom Villa (approx. 500 square feet): Take in tranquil courtyard or resort views from a One-Bedroom Villa’s private balcony or patio, which is furnished with a table and chairs. Inside, gather on the living area’s sofa bed while watching the flat screen TV with a DVD player or listening to the Bose® Wave® stereo. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is complimentary. Nearby, a kitchenette is well equipped with a convection microwave, a refrigerator, a dishwasher, countertop appliances, and dinnerware. A dining table seats four. A washer and dryer are provided for your convenience. The separate bedroom features a king-size Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience for a good night’s sleep, as well as a second flat screen TV. Prepare for the day ahead in the bathroom, which includes a combination bathtub/shower and Shine for Sheraton™ bath amenities. One-Bedroom Premium Villa (approx. 790 square feet): Each One-Bedroom Premium Villa boasts a private balcony or patio, accessible from the living area and the bedroom. Kick back on the outdoor furniture while admiring courtyard or resort views. Inside, gather on the sofa bed as the gas fireplace warms the living room. An entertainment center comprises a flat screen TV, a DVD player, and a Bose® Wave® stereo. Wireless High Speed Internet Access is complimentary. Nearby, a kitchen is fully equipped with a range, an oven, a microwave, a full-size refrigerator, a dishwasher, countertop appliances, and dinnerware. Host a gathering of up to four people at the dining table, which is separated from the kitchen by a breakfast bar with seating for two. A washer and dryer are also provided for your convenience. In the separate bedroom, light up the fireplace, relax in the whirlpool tub, and watch a movie on the second flat screen TV. A king-size Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience promises a good night’s sleep. Prepare for the day ahead in the bathroom, which includes a walk-in shower and Shine for Sheraton™ bath amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Desert Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Desert Oasis Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Hotel Scottsdale
- Sheraton Resort Scottsdale
- Sheraton Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Sheraton
- Desert Oasis Scottsdale