“Not Big Earl, Average Joe”
Review of Big Earl's BBQ - CLOSED

Big Earl's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The beer was great, attentive staff, the menu looked good, but it might be my taste or what I ordered, I found the meal dry, a bit less than hot; spice and temperature wise, I had the ribs and the sauce tasted a bit dry, not cheap for the area, look out for the auto adding of 20% service charge, which I didn't expect. Not for me, go elsewhere.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I feel slightly duped having eaten here. The hotel we were staying at in Scottsdale had a menu for Big Earls BBQ in the Guest Compendium that looked very appealing. When we got to Big Earls we found the menu to be completely different than what we had seen, but decided to give it a go. Our appetizers were nice, but both my girlfriend and I got the ribs and they were night and day from each other - hers were tough and overdone, mine were just cooked and no more. The BBQ sauce was quite bland - as were the Black Beans - where's the fries and coleslaw?? There was an 18% service charge tacked on, which although I paid, I didn't appreciate.The staff went out on to the street to try to bounce customers in, which I felt was quite inappropriate - to my mind that only happens at strip clubs.....

I shall never darken this establishments doorway again.

1  Thank Scott W
Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you want the worst BBQ and terribly bland Mexican food, look no further! Their ribs were all fat, the fries soggy and their rellenos were a discrace to Mexico! Not to mention that they have the odasity to put 10% gratuity into the bill, I picked it up?? NEVER AGAIN!

2  Thank Marc B
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Went here about five months ago and thought it was very good. They just changed menu and have minimal BBQ and increases prices! When inquired to manager what happened , he said no more BBQ as that kind of food doesn't pay the rent!!! They will be closed before season starts!

1  Thank Art B
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Food and beer ok, no more than that, and service good, but v v expensive and empty, won't be back. Basically nothing special, think they are living off 6 guys who ate 17 pounds of meat in 30 minutes, not quite what we were looking for. Would be very surprised if this place is around in 12 months!

1  Thank MrandMrsSuitcase