DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed November 19, 2006

Just got back from two nights at the Doubletree Paradise Valley Resort. I was staying there as part of a modest size convention. Location is great, within short driving distance of major attractions. Grounds are well-maintained and rooms are in good shape. You should ask for a room that does not have a door facing Scottsdale Drive; there is a constant whir of traffic at all hours. Overall if you do not need a spa or a golf course, this place merits careful consideration.

Stayed: November 2006
4  Thank StevenAllen
Write a ReviewReviews (2,044)

Reviewed October 18, 2006

On October 12 and 13, we spent 2 nights at this resort. It was better than we expected. The front desk was very attentive and seeing my disappointment with a standard room overlooking parking lot, assigned me to a large room with a patio that had a wonderful view of tall palm trees, lush greenery and shrubs and was several feet from the south pool area. It was relaxing to sit on the patio and drink coffee in the am. The grounds with the 2 pools and fountains were beautiful. We had a nice dinner at En Fuego, sitting on their patio in the evening under a painted sky. It was a short drive to the shopping area and Old Town Scottsdale. I'm allergic to feathers and when I called the desk complaining about the comforter and pillows, housekeeping came within a few minutes and changed everything. We used the computer in their lobby to print out our e-ticket. Front desk, Lauren and Elizabeth were both pleasant and very accomodating.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank betcon
Reviewed August 27, 2006

I checked into the Doubletree last Friday night for a one night stay on business. I am a woman, I was traveling alone and yet the front desk still sent me out into the darkness with suitcases to navigate my way to my room. When the clerk was showing me how to get to my room on the map he handed me, I asked if there wasn't something closer and he replied "Oh it's well lighted ... you're going to love your room." Suffice it to say that it was not well lighted, I had to walk all the way around the pool area and past several resort buildings, dragging a suitcase, garment bag and laptop computer on a path that was decidedly not well lighted (think low dim mood lighting on the ground). When I finally got to my room, and dragged my luggage up the stairs (I couldn't find the elevator I was told was there), I opened my door, and didn't see the spiderweb until I had walked through it into the foyer of the room. After a few seconds of *&%$?!! and tears, I pulled myself together and went further into the room.
As for the room that I was going to "love," it was nothing special. Just your standard resort room. Certainly not worth feeling alone and abandoned on a long walk in the darkness.
I would not stay here again, unless I was arriving during the daytime, and probably not at all. I certainly don't recommend arriving at this property at night.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank sgh4ra
A TripAdvisor Member
Peoria, AZ
Reviewed June 12, 2006

Rooms and grounds are excellent, each with a small patio. Food slightly better than average and priced about right. Could not believe they still want to charge for an internet connection. Staff very frliendly.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 30, 2006

The property and the grounds are top notch. The rooms are large, clean and the bed is one of the most comfortable I've slept in. Great architecture and interiors. Free wireless internet only available near lobby. Otherwise wired internet available in rooms for a fee. Breakfast experience was so-so mainly due to inadequate service. Otherwise staff very friendly. Close to downtown Scottsdale, shopping and restaurants - though not walking distance - nothing is out here!
Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed: April 2006
7  Thank Trinnypilot
A TripAdvisor Member
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed April 2, 2006

I saw some questionable reviews about the Doubletree so I went not knowing what to expect. The property is a little older (40 years old or so), but the landscaping, pool areas, overall condition of the rooms, restaurants, and everything else were just outstanding. It would have been a good deal for $50 more per night than we paid. The room was large and clean and had a great balcony that we ate on. It had a separate changing/makeup area that my wife utilized without having to take up the bathroom! The location is close by every major attraction that Scottsdale has to offer. Breakfast in the restaurant was fresh and tasty and not a bad value for an expensive area. The only shortcoming was that the tiles in the bathroom were a little dated and grungy around the edges.

• Stayed: March 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 30, 2006

My teenage daughter and I stayed here for 5 days over spring break. We are picky and very finicky, and previous reviews had us a bit concerned about our stay. We booked this due to it's close proximity to the ASU campus, shopping, airport, etc. We were beyond pleasantly suprised. The accomodations were superb. We did not experience noise/housekeeping issues that other guests mentioned other than an occasional next door guest entering or exiting with a slam of the door. We stayed on the inner pool area/playground of the hotel and honestly even with the patio open, noise was virtually non-existent. While we did not dine at the hotel (opting instead to try the fare at the many local haunts) we did order room service on two occasions. We found the food to be a good value and fast. We called on the services of the bellboy (delivering baggage), the front desk (for items we forget to pack), the concierage service (for rainy day places of interest) and room service. Each person we encountered was helpful, courteous, and well versed in their job. (We even got a bit of insider ASU information from one of the room service personnel!) We are well aware that everyone's opinion will vary, but from our standpoint, we had an absolutely delightful stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again (if our daughter is accepted at ASU!).

• Stayed: March 2006
16  Thank rjs321
Travelers also viewed these Scottsdale hotels
Downtown Scottsdale
Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town
The McCormick Scottsdale
#35 of 75 in Scottsdale

Been to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale? Share your experiences!