DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great hotel with plenty amenities. Normally hotel food isnt good, but their food was great! Rooms were super clean and i had a great view. Very friendly staff. Thumbs up! They have shuttle buses that take guest to and from downtown scottsdale :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Douglas, thank you for selecting our resort and for this "great' review of your stay with us. We appreciate the many compliments and look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,045)

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great stay! friendly staff, loved the pools, accommodations made to have a late checkout during the Rock n' Roll Marathon! We had a room in one of the very back buildings, away from the hustle and bustle of the lobby, etc. Room was very quiet, needed to get a good night's sleep before the half marathon! Enough nutritious food on the breakfast buffet to sustain me running the half marathon!

Room Tip: We had a room near the back, although a nice walk away from lobby/restaurant/pool, I loved the peace...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for being with us over the "Rock n Roll Marathon" weekend and for this beautiful review and high ratings on your stay at our resort. We appreciate the many compliments and am glad that you got what you needed - peace and quiet, good sleep and nutritious food - that led to a great marathon and a great stay. Hope to see you back again.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

When we called to make the reservation and said we were looking for a couple of days hanging out at the pool. We were upset to find out that the main pool was closed for a private event, and were stuck in the kids pool . I told that to the checkin and the check out person but did not seem to care. Honesty would have been the best policy.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Duane, I apologize that one of our two large pools were closed for an event during a portion of your stay. This does not happen very often but when it does, guests usually are fine with the other pool but it sounds like there must have been more families there this time. The front desk should have been more empathetic and made amends in order to keep you from being "not happy". Based on your positive ratings, we hope that you were happy enough with your overall visit so that you will return again soon, especially since you are in Phoenix, without any further poolside events.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I go to a conference at this hotel every couple of years. Even though I am actually working, every inch of the hotel is clean, tastefully appointed, and pleasant. The grounds are full of cacti and tropical plants, which are beautifully maintained. Even the public restrooms are spotless. The rooms themselves are luxuriously furnished. Everything is immaculate. The bathroom is spa-like in each room. I look forward to my visits there.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Eva, thank you so much for you and your conference coming back to our resort and for this very positive review and high ratings on your stay. We do hope that we can get both you and your conference back more often than every couple years. You don't have to wait for a conference, come back and enjoy our resort and Scottsdale on your own or with family and friends.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I love this hotel! I have been staying annually at the double tree paradise valley, as a hilton honors member, for more than 6 yrs and this recent trip did not disappoint. I choose to come back to this hotel for its relaxing and restful environment, fabulous pools and top-notch staff. The grounds of this hotel are lovely and well groomed. You feel like you are in a desert sanctuary. Lots of hidden walking paths, cactus gardens, fountains, flowers, and lots of lush green lawns. I always look forward to the view from my room's patio, looking out on the beautiful grounds. The 2 pools are spacious, clean, and refreshing. Plenty of pool chairs and towels and drink service.

I was a little disappointed on this trip to be placed in a less desirable room, #9206. It was quiet and clean, but the location is not was I am used to and I was disappointed to not have the room I requested, closer to the fountain and south pool, in the #7200 or #8200's.

This particular weekend there was a large convention being held at the doubletree. The participants tended to change the culture of the hotel, as the pool area was loud and over-
crowded, the lobby and grounds were over-run with people smoking and being loud. This was not the doubletree I have come to love and enjoy. Luckily this crowd moved on after 1.5 days.

I could choose to stay at any hotel in the Scottsdale area, but I keep choosing to return to this hotel because of the staff. James, Diane, Sharon, Sarah, Michael, in the restaurant, pool bar, and food/hospitality dept, always remember me and greet me like a friend when I check-in. They provide excellent service and always go the extra mile to make me feel at home. Michael had quite a challenge this Memorial Day weekend keeping up with all of the guests at the pool, but he continued to be quick and courteous, remembering my order each day and making sure I had everything I needed.
Sharon, Diane and Sarah run a terrific bar- these ladies are always fun and willing to serve up good conversation with tasty cocktails. And to not forget James, the brains and backbone of the doubletree! James is always on his A-game making sure guests are happy and running things in the restaurant with expertise and a smile! He always makes time to stop and chat, to catch up with me from year to year. The wait- staff at breakfast are also fabulous, Albierto, Sonya, Rodicka,Carmelo, Kath, I'm always glad to see these folks from year to year.

Looking forward to my next visit to the doubletree! And those warm chocolate chip cookies!

Room Tip: Ask for a garden or pool view. You do not want to look at the parking lot.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank MollyLovesDbltree
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Hello Molly!! Thank your for your business and loyalty to our resort, our team and brand, as a Hilton Honors member and one of our regular guests. We appreciate the many compliments and you specifically mention by name so many of our team that deliver the service, hospitality and family feel that brings you back to us time and time again. I do apologize that you did not get the room you requested or that met your needs and we will ensure that we do better with that next time. Look forward to seeing you back again to your Doubletree family.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. The grounds are kept up super clean too! The room service was the fastest we've ever experienced. The food was hot, and not a thing missed. The housekeeping was also timely and impeccable!
If we had one complaint that would actually cause us to not return would be the bartender Sharon!! Her lack of respect to other employees and customers was horrifying!! She would talk terribly to her fellow bartender and do it in front of us! Then she would belittle customers as well. It was appalling that we would try to engage Sara (the bartender we liked) in conversation and she would RUDELY interrupt and make her do something frivolous. I won't be back if Sharon is the server!!!
On a better note another wonderful experience was the server we had by the pool bar and his name was Josh. He was pleasant, extremely nice and attentive.
Last but not least was Diane who was also extremely nice.
I would recommend this place to all BUT, avoid Sharon as that's not worth your stay being ruined.
I had to post this as I would never want to see anyone treated the way she did others.

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Kdog777

Thank you for being with us and for the overall positive review of your stay at our resort. I do apologize about your interactions with and observations of Sharon, which will be addressed. She usually gets many compliments and it is not like her, but when being of service to guests you cannot have an off day. We appreciate your many compliments of our resort and on Josh, Sara and Diane. We will make sure that they are properly recognized for their service and hospitality. We do hope that we will see you again when your travels bring you back to Scottsdale.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

My stay was for business. All of the conference related employees we extremely friendly and accomodating. The room was very clean and relaxing. The grounds are beautiful. I really do not have any negative comments, with the exception of my pizza from room service was too overdone. The crust was burned....but that happens. If that is all I have to complain about, it was a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Brenda, thank you for being with us and for this very positive review and highest ratings on your stay at our resort. We appreciate the many compliments, although we do apologize for the burnt pizza and will address. We do hope that you will return again, whether for another business conference or on vacation, so that you can take in all that the resort and Scottsdale have to offer.