DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale
Ranked #29 of 76 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We had stayed at this hotel but this time we were first placed in a room with a toilet that ran for several minutes and was very loud. We requested another room, something quiet. We were placed by the banquet kitchen and had to endure loud noise late into the night and again early in the morning. Won't be back anytime soon!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Kaylene, thank you for being with us and for this feedback regarding your stay at our resort. I apologize for the issue you had with your toilet in the first room. The room attendant should have noticed and reported the issue to engineering to address prior to the room ever being sold to you. As we were running full, we had limited rooms to chose from and I apologize that the second room was worse with noise than the first. We should have kept you where you were and just quickly fixed the toilet! I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you we are better than this and that in most instances our rooms are very quiet.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,089)

Reviewed February 12, 2014

we stayed here for 2 nights while on vacation. the room didn't have a fridge which we thought was odd. the room isn't anything special but the hotel does have a tennis court and basketball court which was cool. we spent most of the time at the pool the last day just hanging out. everyone was from out of town and very friendly so it was nice to strike up conversations with others. the pool was large and very nice. the hot tub was hot and big enough for 5-6 people comfortably. a couple waiters walked around taking drink and food orders and were very cool. if you stay at the pool, watch where you set up your chair because the sun moves and by the end of the day everyone was in the same area trying to get some sun. the only thing i didn't like was when we asked the front desk for a cab and a town car pulled up and charged us over $20 to drive a few miles; i thought it was a shady move. everything in scottsdale is within 5 miles and a $10 cab will easily get you around to any of the bars. the cab back home at night was $7.50

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for selecting our resort for your vacation in Scottsdale and for this positive review and high ratings on your stay. We appreciate your business and feedback and hope to continue to earn your trust and business whenever your travels bring you back to our area. Our guest rooms do have minibars but we are working to convert those to small refrigerators due to the many requests we get. I apologize for the issue you had with the town car and we will investigate further as they should not be charging any more than local cabs for such short trips. Thank you again.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I've brought hundreds of folks to events here and every time, I get KUDOS and awesome feedback from my attendees. Plus, you can tell everyone loves working there. They love what they do and have a great sense of "team" which translates into an excellent work ethic and amazing service. Hats off to Doug Heaton and the rest of the staff - Brooke Vargo, Shawn, Jenn Juba, and ALL OF YOU! THANKS!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

WOW!! Thanks for the great review, highest ratings and compliments of our resort and the service and hospitality provided by our staff!! We appreciate your business and look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you and your events!!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I hated the design of this hotel. The rooms were too far from the main building. Finding your room seem next to impossible. I also tried to find my colleagues room on the other side--complete nightmare! Dark maze at night as well. The grounds felt completely unsafe at night...although there were no safety issues. Decent breakfast buffet for about $20 w/ tip. If you don't want to do a lot of walking, then this is not the place for you! I also don't like doors on the outside (like a motel)...as opposed to inside the building. Pretty grounds...just a ridiculous design. I asked a two staff members for help and each said they were still trying to figure the grounds out themselves! I also could not seem to get clean pillow cases (white as opposed to yellowish) and without hair on them!! I requested this multiple times. And nothing was refilled once empty--water, soap, tea bags, cups...again had to request this!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank lawnut2002
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for selecting our resort for your visit and this feedback regarding your stay with us. I deeply apologize for this issues you experienced while our guest. Although we can't do much about the resort layout and design, our staff should be knowledgable and provide directions and map to assist. We are in the process of adding more lighting in the walkway areas. We have reviewed your comments at our manager stand up this morning and they will follow up with staff involved to address the issues with pillowcases and replentishment of guest room amenities. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you we are better than this and to earn back your trust and loyalty.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This is my second time staying at this hotel. The first was 3 years ago. Since the 3 years you can tell this Hotel has been neglected.This could be a nice hotel if they just put some money into it. My husband is a Diamond Member.Our shower tiles in the bathroom had rust all over it.Light bulb was burnt out in the lamp on the night stand next to the bed.I took the bulb out of the lamp and laid it on the night stand hoping the house keeper would understand. When we came back to our room it was still laying.Might be a good policy if they would check the lights in the rooms while they are cleaning them. I left a note telling her it needed to be replaced.Which it was the next day.The food in the restaurants were good. No complaints there. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful. Front desk and Bell man went out of there way to make our stay very pleasant. So Hilton spend some money and liven this place up. The location is fantastic. Yes I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Thank you for being with us again and for this feedback on your stay at our resort. We appreciate your compliments of the service and hospitality provided by our staff. I apologize tor the tile and light issues you experienced in your room and, yes, the room attendant should notice such issues and address. Our guest rooms actually went through an extensive remodel in 2012 and we will continue to enhance each year. Thank you for your loyalty to our Hilton/Doubletree brands as a Diamond member and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Do not stay here if you expect a resort hotel. Very plain and under-whelming facility. Think penitentiary decor, and that about describes it. I would expect to pay far less for this hotel. Rooms are very loud, with toilets that run loudly for long periods of time after you flush them, loud faucets, too.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for being with us and for this feedback on your stay at our resort. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and for the issues you had in your room. Our resort exterior design is unique and inspired by the work of Frank Lloyd Wright, but may not be to everyone's tastes. We will address the toilet and sink issues in your room. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I just returned from a 3 day visit for a business conference. While the entrance and lobby suggest a high class hotel, the rooms and service resemble a highway motel worth half the price. Each morning I rehung the towels I could reuse, and put the dirty ones on the floor as requested. The dirty towels were removed but never replaced. The towel bars remained empty.

We finished work at 1:45 PM Saturday. Being hungry we went to the coffee shop. It was closed. We were sent to the bar. Fine with me. There was no person behind the bar or serving tables. After 20 minutes I gave up and left to go find a restaurant on the way home.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank SantafeSlim
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you selecting our resort for your visit to Scottsdale and for this feedback on your stay at our resort. I do apologize for the issues you experienced with the replentishment of the towels in your room and with lunch service. I have past on your comments to my Directors of Housekeeping and F&B Outlets to address with those responsible. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to do better on your next visit to our area.