“Exceptional Service”

Ranked #31 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Davenport, Iowa
“Exceptional Service”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three nights during a conference and really enjoyed it. Our standard room was large, easily accessible to the pool and meeting areas. Very clean and pretty.

The service at the door was exceptional. There were 400+ women in attendance at the conference so there were plenty of cars, cabs and questions to handle each night. The young guys at the door were outstanding, excited to share their recommendations for dinner and offer transportation options.

This was a lovely hotel to experience Scottsdale!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you and your conference for selecting our resort and for this exceptional review of your stay. We were proud and excited to have your conference with us and hope that you and they will return again at the next opportunity. Thank you for your compliments of your room, the resort and especially the level of service provided by our bell staff in enhancing your stay with us and in Scottsdale even more enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Berkeley, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have always enjoyed staying at this Doubletree in Scottsdale. The accommodations are perfect and the staff are always very professional. The restaurant staff in particular know me and my needs as soon as I walk in. They even know what type of tea I prefer. That's quality service.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you Jose for your ongoing business and for this great view and highest ratings on your recent stay at our resort. Thank you for your many compliments of our resort and staff. The details and the personal touches are what make all the difference. We look forward to being of service again when your travels bring you back to our area.
United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here very much.
The kids had a lot of fun playing tennis and volleyball at the pool and all the staff was very friendly and kind.
Our waiter at breakfast learned very quickly all our preferences and really made sure we felt welcome and took great care of each of us.
I'd return here again with family as it was perfect place to unwind.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for selecting our resort for your family vacation and for this great review and high ratings on your stay with us. We love to be part of family memories of great vacations and hope we have more opportunities to add further wonderful experiences and great times for you and your family.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The hotel itself was fine and a great location for shopping, etc., in Scottsdale. My daughter left her sandals upon departure (we think). I called after we discovered this. I spoke to someone in housekeeping who told me to call back as lost and found left at 2 p.m. I called the following day....never was able to connect with lost and found. They never answered the phone and no voice mail. I called again and spoke with someone at the front desk who told me he would address this issue and "someone" would return my call. Well, that never happened and I finally gave up. They may not have had the sandals but would just like for someone to tell me yes or no.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TULSATNSMOM
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for being with us and for this feedback on your stay at our resort. Although your stay was "okay' we obviously would like to do better than that and I apologize for the lack of follow up on your inquiry on a missing item. Rather than having to call back, whoever answered the phone should have taken your number and had someone call you back. I will follow up with Housekeeping and Security departments and they will check and get back to you on Monday. Again, I apologize about the delay and hope you will still give us a chance to be of service to you again on your next visit to our area.
san mateo, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2014

great property. The staff is very polite and helpful. Grounds are beautiful and manicured. Great location!! I've been staying at this hotel for years and they never disappoint. The rooms are large, clean and fresh. I've used this hotel for a business meeting for 400 people and they did an outstanding job. The food is excellent and the staff go out of their way to deliver great service. Sandy in Convention Services is superb!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

WOW! Thank you Scott for your long history of being with us and for this excellent review and highest ratings on our resort and the service and hospitality provided by our staff. We greatly appreciate your many compliments and look forward to living up to it again on your next visit.
Montecito, California
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Maybe I have become spoiled by expecting a resort to be a resort. This is a nice doubletree hotel which should get a 4 as a hotel and gets a 3 as a resort. You expect something special from a resort, being on the beach a major swimming pool, swim up bar, swim through waterfalls a golf course, A large spa building lawns etc. The hotel has two pools one small and one medium nothing special but nice. I had a single story room which was quite large and nicely decorated. The walk on the grounds is nicely done although they do sell a lot of the place so I had a wedding and a rehearsal outside my window both days. Not a personal issue but a bit of lack of privacy. The food is good at lunch and dinner. Breakfast is abysmal since there is a habit to overcook all three breakfasts I had there. This is a nice place to stay if you are booking a small corporate event but it is not what I would take a family or a couple to if I was looking for a resort.

Room Tip: They have single story buildings and those are the most quiet rooms
1 Thank jimnick
Thank you for selecting our resort and for this positive review of your stay with us. I apologize that you were disappointed and felt that we do not meet your expectations of a resort. However, we have all the amenities and quality to have earned a AAA Four Diamond Resort designation as well as the status of resort within the Doubletree by Hilton brand. I am also sorry that your breakfasts were overcooked and I have passed these comments onto our Executive Chef for his follow up with staff. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you again on your next visit to our area.
Clarkston, Michigan
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Wonderful hotel, immaculately kept grounds in a very good location. Rooms are clean and quiet, lobby is nice and inviting. The business center was handy in order to be able to print out my boarding pass

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Tim, thank you for being with us and for this very positive review and high ratings on your stay at our resort. We appreciate the compliments and hope we can be of service to you again on your next visit to our area.