“4 star hotel at bargain prices”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Huntington, New York
“4 star hotel at bargain prices”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Modern rooms ,excellent free fitness center,tennis courts,basketball courts,heated pool , and whirlpool, convenient upscale ,neighborhood.The hotel is used by hot.... at half the price . People complain about a lack of wi-fi in the rooms but they are working on it,It is available near the pool and in the lobby as of January.

Room Tip: Try to get a mountain view or near the spa.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for selecting our resort for your visit and for this very positive review of your stay. I greatly appreciate all your compliments and especially your comments and patience with our wireless installation, as it has been an ongoing project for far too long, too great of an expense but will be definitely worth it in the end, and the end is in sight. I hope you will come back soon to enjoy it and all the other amenities, the warmth and sun and other attractions we have to offer at our resort and in Scottsdale.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
Central Illinois
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed four nights while attending business meeting. Room was great, clean, quiet, and dark. The staff was well trained and welcoming attitude. Food was good, and food service was excellent.

Bartenders were good, and bar reasonably stocked.

Front desk was excellent.

Housekeeping excellent.

Only downside was that rooms can be some distance to walk, which is not a problem, except it rained every day I was there, and without an umbrella I had to sprint to stay dry.

Room Tip: If you're staying during rainy season request a room that does not require a lengthy exterior wa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and this excellent review of our resort and the services and attitude provided by our staff. We are sorry that you were here during one of the rare times it rains this time of year and do hope that you will be able to return again this winter to enjoy the amenities of our resort as well as the Scottsdale sun and fun.
Torrance, California
Reviewed February 15, 2013

First of all, this property is more of a sprawling Hotel, than a resort. It also is an older Hotel that has been reconditioned and updated. It needs more reconditioning, in my opinion. My wife and I stayed here for three nights as we had business meetings in the Hotel's Conference Center.

The Good:
1) The Staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Even accommodating. From housekeeping to Security to the Front Desk. Thumbs-up.

2) The Restaurant "En Fuego". Again, friendly and helpful servers were very attentive to us and the food recommendations they provided were spot-on. Excellent food -- every time!

3) The Bed. The King-sized bed in our suite was very comfortable. Having a sleep number bed at home, often makes travelling a restless experience. However, I had no issues with the bed here at all.

4) Cleanliness. The grounds, rooms and linens were clean.

The Bad:
(Note: I "upgraded" to a 2-room Suite overlooking the fountain)

1) No WiFi. The only place WiFi was available was in the Lobby. Unfortunately, our room was probably 150 yards from the lobby. My wife has a Macbook Air and I have an iPad, both of which are dependent upon WiFi, not an ethernet modem. This was a huge challenge for us, as we were there on business and trying to conduct business.

2) In-Room "Conveniences" not working. The TV remote didn't work, nor did the coffee-maker. Fortunately, we were able to use the ones from the other room, which did work. Just a nuisance.

3) Living Room Walls. Our suite consisted of two rooms with two entrances. One a good-sized bedroom and the other a large "sitting" room or living room. In the "Living" Room, one of the walls had been repainted, at least about a third of it had. Even though the paint was the same color, you couldn't help but notice the difference and the roller marks.

4) If you are going to spend renovation money on the bathroom, consider throwing in an extra $20 bill to get a new toilet seat! The toilet seat in our room was old and worn -- obviously surviving the remodel.

5) The worst, however, was the bedroom Air Vent. It was crusty and grimy -- just nasty. There was even soot on the wall just over the vent. I'm starting to cough just thinking about it. Again, I was surprised that this could have been missed, as the Living room vent was perfectly fine.

NOTE: The Hotel was apologetic and thankful that I brought these issues to their attention and made amends on the spot. If I have an issue in my business, I want to be made aware of it so that I can take care of it. Management did just that when I shared these with them. Kudos, again, to an excellent staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bruinsmith
Thank you for being with us and for this feedback about your stay at our resort We appreciate the compliments of the service and attitude of our staff, overall cleanliness, the comfort of your bed and the restaurant food. At the same time, we apologize for this issues you experienced and are in the process of addressing them. We are finally in the final stages of installing our new guest room wireless system, a prolonged and expensive project which is agreeably overdue. We have also addressed the TV remote, coffee maker, toilet seat and air vent issues as well as reviewed our processes with housekeeping and engineering teams so as to prevent them in the future. We are also in the process of repainting, including touching up the wall you mentioned. i do hope that you will have a chance to return soon so we can show you the results that your feedback helped us achieve. Thank you again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This was our first visit to the DoubleTree resort, and my impression is very good. The grounds are kept very well, the housekeeping was excellent and the staff in Catering and the restarant was very professional and friendly. I had numerous changes to our plans that I needed to ask for and the administrative staff never deviated from their friendly and acommodating attitude. I want to return to this resort and I look forward to that opportunity. I admire how this resort is managed - I am not a Hospitality professional but clearly the staff at this resort is.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner court / grounds are very quiet and what i would recommend requesting when boo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
It was a privilege to be of service to the CalPortland Annual Planning Meeting and it's attendees. Thank you for selecting our resort and for this very positive review of your experiences. We will pass on all your compliments to the staff involved and welcome the opportunity to be of service again in the future.
Eureka, California
Reviewed February 3, 2013

THe Hilton HH program is useless. The staff was rude and didn't care less. My room was a very long walk and very confusing to get there. I asked for something closer and mentioned my HH Membership and only got attitude back. I won't ever return.

Room Tip: If your room is in the 2000's - good luck.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank curtk44
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for being with us and for this feedback of your stay at our resort. I apologize for the issues you experienced and have followed up with the front desk management to make sure they are aware and, in turn, address with the team. Rudeness is unacceptable and will be addressed. It is so important how we do things and that we do everything with an attitude of service and hospitality. I also understand and apologize that we were unable to provide you a complimentary upgrade as a Hilton HHonors member but due to our high occupancies we had no such options available at the time of your arrival. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service and to change your opinion of us and the Hilton HHonors program.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a decent hotel and if you get a view of the great pools, it is a bit of a distraction, but I do not consider it a resort. Traveling all of the time, it is hard to find a good weight room in a hotel. This Doubletree is one of the best I have found. With plenty of elliptical, treadmill, weight machines, free weights, courts, music in the background, I would rate this top notch for the healthy enthusiast. If your boss is a fat, lazy, drunk, like most bosses, watch the scenery from the outside bar with him and then hit the gym.

Room Tip: Ask them for something close to the main pool. They have not completed their wifi service, so if you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you for being with us and for this positive review of your stay at our resort. We appreciate your comments about our fitness center (you forgot about our racketball, tennis and basketball courts), our pools and the top ratings you gave our team for cleanliness and service. We hope your travels bring you to our area again and often and, when you do, that you will use our resort as your home away from home.
Mismaloya, Mexico
Reviewed January 21, 2013

A very nice hotel, but a resort? I guess it is what you are used to as a resort, so I say no. However, it is very nice and clean, pretty and accommodating lobby, lounge and restaurant. Very nice wedding planning center, business center and large gift shop. A very small putting green (just outside our room...ugh), 2 large pools with water falls. Very pretty grounds. Some with natural desert, others having lots of grass. I did not see any families at all. It felt more of a quiet business style hotel. I found this nice. Complimentary van shuttle a couple miles away to downtown Old Scottsdale. Not sure of other areas it goes. Room was comfortable in size and overall a nice. Really liked the floor level rooms having a patio. Upper floors have balconies. A little more attention to condition of room would be a good idea, check out the photos. The room smelled fresh and was very clean. Staff is prompt and courteous with requests. There is nothing I saw within a 2 block area as far as shopping or restaurants. Just a little farther you will find everything. They are working on wifi getting to the rooms, but as of our stay, you have wifi in the lobby and at the north pool, just outside the lobby. The area felt very safe and secure. This hotel has a more new and modern look. I would stay here again but not it I had to pay full rate. It is a fairly large property with several buildings housing the rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank terrynkathy
doubletree1, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley - Scottsdale, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for being with us and for this positive review of your stay. The Doubletree Resort by Hilton Paradise Valley-Scottsdale is a AAA four-diamond resort in Scottsdale for all the many reasons you point out. We appreciate your high ratings and praise of so many aspects of our property and the service provided by our staff. Despite this, I see that you do not feel we lived up to our "resort" designation. There are also many AAA five-diamond resorts in our area which you may be comparing us to. This level of resort, as such, may offer more amenities, services and touches than we do, but they do so at much higher rates. It is all a matter of one's preferences and budget, but we are glad that you say great value in what was provided for what was paid. We do hope that we will see you again when you return to our area.