Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town
Ranked #73 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed February 13, 2013

When we arrived, found three beer bottles in bin under sink, also plastic glasses were filthy, and a large stain on the pillow case, yuck. The room was supposed to have been refurbished, goodness, if this was a refurbishment, what was it like before !
We had come all the way from Scotland, what a disappointment.
We moved very quickly out this next day, to The Marriot just across from the US EGG, on Scottsdale road, no complaints at all with this Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jen C
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am personally spending time with each and every employee to ensure this does not happen again. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me at sct@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Rooms are smaller than most Extended Stay properties but met my needs anyway because I was by myself. My wife and I would have felt crowded. Rooms are recently remodeled and are in good shape. The property is very close to the downtown Scottsdale dining and arts district. I was pleased with my stay and the motel price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rudybaga
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your hotel stay with us and that you found our location great for Old Town Scottsdale attractions. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Check-in was good. Kelsey found us the room best suited to our needs. Room is small [about 12 feet by 22 feet] so one lane traffic is needed when moving about. TV channels are limited and we missed the golf channel. Parking was good and we always had a spot outside our unit.
When we arrived I noticed there was no kitchen stopper. Housekeeping had no extras "sorrrrry" Well, rather than get excited over such a small issue I went to Home Depot and for $1,99 bought a stopper. Funny how such a small, inexpensive item can be allowed to tick off people staying at the hotel. Makes no sense to me why there are not a few spares around.
Location is good. About 4 blocks from Old Town and beside Goldwater Drive, the bypass around Old Town.
Laundry room was always clean and all the washers and dryers functioned properly for the 4 weeks we stayed there. The weekly refresh service was excellent. When you returned at the end of the day your room smelled like you were moving in for the first time. Hats off to these hard working employees!!
The bed mattresses were FIRM with no sag. We didn't get a really good sleep while there. Too firm for us. We are used to pillow-tops and euro-tops.
We'd stay there again but for a shorted term. A bit too small for a month-long stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your taking the time to commend our staff on the service and it sounds like you enjoyed the great location. I am sorry to hear about the sink stopper issue not being resolved by the staff. I will make sure they get extra stock of them and that all our staff knows where to find them when they are needed. If you are in Scottsdale again I would love to show you our other two locations in Scottsdale, they have larger rooms. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you should your travels bring you back to Scottsdale.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

i moved from Extended Stay Phoenix area to get closer to my work. I specifically told the person who checked me in that I will be staying for more than just 1 week and if possible would like to remain in my room. I asked how would i pay for it and I was told to just come there and pay each week. Today (my supposedly last night) , I received a call from the front desk telling me that they rented my room and I can only extend it until Feb 4. Seriously??! I told them I am going to stay longer here in the hotel but was told to just keep checking with them if there would be a room available after the 4th. Is this how the hotel treats their guest who does not want to look somewhere else? Are they going to compromise a guest stay who wants to extend for a month and kicked 'em out of her room? I guess that's how customer service works here in this hotel. Loyalty is not valued. I, for one looked for a hotel who gets good review and that's all I based my decisions and I have not failed so far so I know review is important.
But hey if you want to kick out a customer who is willing to pay, go for it. This review will be everywhere...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jean R
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

I'm very glad you took the time to input this review it made the hotel management team aware of the issue. I also thank you for meeting with me and allowing me to correct it by extending your stay. It was my pleasure to resolve the issue and extended your stay for another month. If I can be of any further assistance please call the hotel at 480-994-0297.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Arrived at the hotel at 10:50 Christmas night . Lobby was locked, well Ok, not a problem. No info on either door, looked for a buzzer or phone, don't see anything. Fortunately my phone was charged and I was able to Google Extended Stay. Called the 800 # and they had me stay on the line while they found the manager. She came around the corner and said I could just use the phone to call her- Oh, you mean the phone 10 feet away from the door, in a box painted the same beige as the walls, with no light near it so it was in the dark? Checked in Ok. Next morning go down to the lobby for the coffee and muffins described in the guest brochure- "Oh, we don't do that but the Walgreen's across the street has coffee". Back to room , leave and the door doesn't lock- can walk right in. Back to lobby and inform them. Told me that I can use the dead bolt when I am inside- well yes but i am leaving . Says she is getting off in 5 minutes but will make a note of it. Pack everything up to take with me while I go to work. Back at 5:30- lock still broken- back to lobby and amazingly enough find someone who takes ownership of the problem. Travis immediately gets me a new room. Kudo's to him!
Otherwise, rooms are nicely updated, and CLEAN. Great job by housekeeping. Good location, and Wifi is really fast. PS remember to bring your own shampoo. Yes I had some little problems, and without those this place would go from good to great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that there were some issues during your stay. We will look into them to prevent them for future guests. We hope you wll give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

My sister & I stayed here in Nov 2012 and were pleasantly surprised. It was bright, nicely decorated, clean and quiet. It has all the necessities ( EXCEPT Hairdryer): dishes, pots & pans, stove, fridge & freezer, iron, microwave, toaster & coffee maker to make it easy to supplement restaurant meals.

The location was the nicest surprise of all!!! A 2 block walk to the heart of vibrant OldTown Scottsdale & all its delights!! Within walking distance to many restaurants, Pharmacy & Convenience Store for last minute groceries ( Walgreen;s)

The grounds were very clean, modern and appealing. The atmosphere was quiet and safe.
I must say the front office staff ( Natalie, Travis & Scott) all were very professional ,extremely helpful & courteous. It is DEFINITELY a place I will return to when visiting Scottsdale. The ONLY negative comment I have is that the A/C in our room was a little loud.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. We did renovate this hotel recently and I'm glad you like the way the rooms look. I'm pleased to here that our amenities are useful to you during your stays. I'm also glad you found the staff friendly and I will share your kind comments with them. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Everything from the tub, to the kitchenette, and especially the carpeting. This is the second time I stayed here because it's close to where I need to be. My last room was equally disgusting, but I thought I'd give them another chance because it's generally gotten decent reviews. I don't know where these other people stayed, but it apparently isn't in the rooms I stayed in. To the hotel manager, for goodness sakes, shampoo those filthy carpets!! If you walk around barefooted or in white socks, your feet are black within minutes!!! It doesn't cost you much to shampoo the carpeting in these rooms!! I'll never stay here again however! Yuck!

Room Tip: Spend a little more and go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank wanderlust114
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The cleanliness items you pointed out will be addressed immediately. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sct@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.