“Great location with friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town
Ranked #24 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Alamos
“Great location with friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed here for four days, as "base camp" when moving our recent college graduate to her first apartment. We piled the four of us into a single room with two double beds. Sigh...you know how this goes...build Ikea furniture during the day and into the night and then head back to the hotel to crash. The room was roomy in that bigger space way and we were able to have all those bags that you don't leave in your apartment until it is set up in the room and still have plenty of space for down time. The little frig was quiet enough and the maid was super about tidying up around all our stuff. Please keep in mind that we selected this hotel based on price, space, and location for the task at hand so if you are looking for that modern Hyatt brand hotel this may not be the spot for you.

The hotel breakfast was good even if the coffee was a bit weak. (I rescued the start of my day by stepping away from the breakfast area and getting a shot of Espresso from the limited item Starbucks station in the lobby.) I met a friend who lives nearby for a day of shopping while my poor husband puzzled out the Ikea for an additional day and the front desk called me a golf cart that took us around the area for tips.

The hotel was quiet and clean and reasonably priced so I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't have a room tip for you but I do have a parking warning. Parking is a bit tight as the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
I am glad you had a great time. Hope to see you again soon at the House!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Overall, this hotel did not live up to the Hyatt brand name, and I was disappointed. The hotel appeared to have been an apartment complex at one time, and had several issues....

The pros:
- Great location; walking distance to Old Town Scottsdale
- Nice room layout (especially for longer stays)

The cons:
- No in-room safe. When I called the front desk about this, I was told that I could use one of the safes in the lobby. This isn't practical for most travelers - I am not going to go to the lobby at the beginning of the day to lock-up my iPad, etc, and then go to the lobby again at the end of the day to get my things, and then go back to my room. In-room safes are a standard for this class of hotel - particularly for a Hyatt property
- Towels were badly stained (some had turned a grey color) and they had been washed so many times that they felt like sand paper
- Unsatisfactory housekeeping. There was some garbage left in one of the bathroom drawers (from a prior customer) and the housekeepers left used glasses on the counters (with an inch or so of water left in them). Being that there was a kitchen, I would have expected housekeeping to (at a minimum) take the used and mostly empty glasses to the kitchen
- Maintenance. One morning my television didn't work. Throughout my stay, the air conditioning was REALLY loud while running

Aside from the above cons, the hotel did not provide robes and the toiletries provided were the bare minimum (for this class of hotel) and of low quality. I will not be returning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sarah F
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We will get on the issues you encountered so future guests can enjoy our services and amenities like many have come accustomed to. We appreciate hearing from you.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We went to Scottsdale on a golf trip for the first time this year (May, 2014). We wanted nice accommodations within walking distance of restaurants and nightlife. The Hyatt House in Old Town met our needs perfectly. Four of us shared a quad suite (four beds), which provided enough room for our needs. The pool was right outside our door, which made for relaxing mornings before our tee-times. They also provided a complimentary breakfast, which was quite good with lots of selection. We have no complaints. Everything about our experience was good.

Room Tip: As for ground level near the pool
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Fore! Sounds like you had a great trip. I am glad you could relax while you were out here. Hope you get to come back soon!
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Long term stay in March, 2014. Very nice accommodations with a courteous, responsive staff. Will be returning for a month in 2015 to the centrally located site. Requests and in queries were diligently responded to.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Shel P. You came out during a fun time of year and looking forward to hosting you in 2015. If there is anything we can do to help prepare for your trip please let myself or the staff know. See you soon!
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Great location near restaurants and shopping. It is a very clean and comfortable suite hotel. Air conditioner was a little noisy but that is the only negative I could think of. Good complimentary breakfast. Staff is nice. Good happy hour. Highly recommend this place. I had not known about Hyatt House previously but will definitely consider staying at other Hyatt Houses in the future if they are all like this one.

Stayed May 2014
Thanks for the response! I am glad you discovered our "House" in Scottsdale and extremely happy that you will choose us in the future. I will pass the nice words on to everyone!
Hyde park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a nice two bedroom two bath suite. It's in walking distance to old Scottsdale. Great breakfast each morning and a nice pool. We were in town for a wedding. Would return if we are in the area . Friendly staff. Nice workout room and a business center. Had great WiFi

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank rtbutlerjr
Thank you for the review! I hope the wedding was a blast and I am glad we could take care of everything for you while you were out of town.

See you soon I hope!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times but this past April/May was my first visit since it was remodeled. My girlfriend and I stayed for over a week for some R&R and really enjoyed it. The 2-bedroom suites are beautiful and so big - the kitchen and full-size refrigerator was nice to have too. The pool area was a good size and always clean! The breakfast was very good, especially for being included in your stay - the made-to-order omelette station was fabulous and yogurt and fresh fruit was great too...it's nice to see some healthy options! The staff was always friendly and super helpful, which you don't see much anymore these days. The newly added bar was nice too and had a nice wine selection. Great location with lots to do nearby - we never rent a car as it's so convenient to all of the shops and restaurants in Old Town! So happy with our stay - will return again soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the pool - you won't get the noise from street traffic or near a local bar
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you! I am so glad you had a great time. That is what we are all about and I am glad you could share with everyone else. We appreciate it!