“Clean - modern - good breakfast”

HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town
Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Nice hotel. Modern accomodations, comfortable bed. Had to place us in a king "handicapped" room as other kings "sold out"....(?) although this was pre-booked. Not bad, larger room anyway. Also, it was late, we were tired, sent to room which was on the wrong floor. Had to lug our luggage and cranky selves to other room. Otherwise, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for you review!

We hope to have you visit us again in the future please let us know if we can assist with your luggage next time.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Hotel was very clean and welcoming. We stayed with our two children ages 14 and 12. The room was nice with a pull-out couch. My only two complaints was that there was no microwave in the room and the refrigerator in the room did not get very cold. The location is fantastic you are within walking distance to the Scottsdale mall and several eateries and bars. 30 yards away there are two clubs and a sushi bar. If you choose not to walk utilize the golf cart transpiration companies that drive around all night long. The front desk was very helpful in getting us directions to see the 4th of July fireworks.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Sounds like a fun trip. I am glad you enjoyed it and hope you come back for some more fireworks in the future!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Terrible service. There were some items stolen from the closet. Housekeeping manager was on vacation all week and nobody could solve my problem. Front desk could not solve the issue and were very rude liying to me all the time about the managers schedule and just making me loose time. I'm calling my lawyer!! Never coming back!!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Cristinaparadag
Dave M, General Manager at HYATT house Scottsdale/Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

I am sorry to see the comments written about our hotel. As we did this weekend, we take every step to make sure every guest has a safe and secure stay. If you like to discuss this situation further please contact me at anytime.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

In celebration of my daughter who graduated from college and myself turning 55, I selected going to Arizona due to my daughter lives in Portland, where they dont get many warm, sunny days. My daughter selected the Hyat House because it had 2 master bedrooms and 2 master bathrooms. My daughter thought that we both would have a more relaxed time if we both got a good nights sleep -- I snore! I booked our package stay --(airfare & hotel) thru Priceline, which to be honest, at a amazing low price! Before we left, the hotel gave us a numer to call for airport shuttle service and when we arrived, we were immediately picked up by wonderful man in a SUV and charged $27 for the both us! Very reasonable! When we arrived at the hotel, all of our arrangements were done and in place -- made check in a breeze!! The hotel was exceptionally clean! When my daughter and I went to our room, we were both pleased to find that our 2 master bedroom /2 master bathroom -- was everything we had hoped for and more!! We found our room to be top notch clean and everything that we needed, including the kitchen with utensils and diswasher soap! The living room was nice in size and there was a TV in the living room and both bedrooms! Our airconditioning in the room, was very nice! We wandered down to the pool, which was nice and they had a hot tub! My excitement was that the pool was open late into the evening and my daughter was happy to see that she could go to the gym anytime, as the gym is open 24 hours a day! There were 2 BBQ gas grills close to the pool, that we used 3 times during our stay. The warm evening air and our BBQ dinners were great! In the mornings, the hotel put on a huge breakfast, with a selection of food for everyone! They also had a lounge for food, drink, and the happy hour! I found the staff to be very kind, helpful, and eager to make our stay with them a pleasant one! The only thing I have to recommend, is that if you are traveling and you dont have a car, you might want to rent a car! The hotel has a hotel shuttle that will take you anywhere in a 5 mile radius of the hotel. We had the hotel take us to the Enterprise Rental Car down the street to rent a car, which enabled us to go anywhere we wanted. The day before we left, I did a load of laundry in their laundry room and sat by poolside. I definitely would return back again to this hotel and would recommend it to anyone! This hotel would be a perfect get-away for snowbirds in the winter!! I hope to return again someday soon! Hopefully this winter, when Utah gets hit with snow!

1  Thank Linda B

What a great review. Thanks for hitting all the points and hope to see you for another celebration soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

After a 13 hour drive, the service, suite and hospitality at the Hyatt House in Scottsdale were exactly what we needed. The staff could not have been nicer, and the suite was beautiful and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you so much and hope you stop by again!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and daughter over Thanksgiving last year and truly enjoyed it. We used my companies corporate account number which gave us a room for $72/night which is crazy considering it was Thanksgiving. There's nothing to get overly excited about in terms of "the extras" but if you're simply looking for a great place to stay that's very clean and accomodating, then this is your place. The front staff was awesome and helped in all ways we asked.

The nice perks are the extra space for a young child to sleep. Our daughter had yet to turn 2, so she was sleeping in a pack n' play in the living area, while my wife and I could sleep in the king in the other room. So this, I thought was a great bonus for families traveling with small kids. Only tough part was there is no elevators, which makes bringing stuff up and down a real pain. I can't count how many trips I had to make...but next time I'd request a 1st floor room when traveling with the family.

Good value here. I would recommend and stay here again when traveling

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nate M

Thanks for the kind words. Hope to see you for the holidays coming up!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel was great, the location was very close to Old Scottsdale, the staff were helpful and the food was good.

But, if you want a quiet stay at a weekend - don't stay here.

The noise from the party 'animals' went on until 04.40 in the morning with lots of shouting, doors banging and girls coming and going. This is fine if the hotel advertises the fact that it is the party capital of Scottsadle, close to the bars and clubs of Old Scottsdale, but it is totally unacceptable not to be warned about this.

When we complained, all we were told was that they thought they had put us in a quiet room. Not my definition of quiet !!

Room Tip: If at the weekend, then not here !