“True food is great food for lunch. ”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,322 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Had the chance to meet a friend at True Food Kitchen today for lunch and was I impressed. If you are looking for a electric menu which is well done and tasty this it. From the natural green ice tea to the albacore tuna sliders this place delivers the goods. Inventive salads and delightful staff will make this restaurant a winner for some time to come. Go visit it and let me know of you agree.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Wow.

Working for a fitness company yes I tend to lean to the healthier side of life, but I like to eat fresh, natural, local whenever possible.

True food kitchen not only delivers on all three, but it is simple food expertly prepared to provide the diner a delicious experience that will keep you coming back again and again.

We started with a simple bowl of fresh vegetables with dipping sauces (seemed like a yogurt dill and a almost curry vinaigrette) and hummus which you wanted to keep eating, and I started with an Acai wheat beer...great way to start.

Then I had a turkey lasagna made with spinach noodles, and the table had what I wish I could remember the names but a mushroom sandwich, kale salad, and mini soft tacos which all were met with very happy noises throughout the table.

Our server was excellent with perfect timing by paying exactly the right amount of time with us to not be a bother, but make sure we were well serviced and happy.

This is a must do in Scottsdale!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The atmosphere is sophisticatedly casual, and the food has a farm to market freshness that you will find in few other places. I am a vegetarian, so there is a lot to offer, but meat eaters don't have to take a back seat. There is a lot to offer on all sides of the menu. Their hummus shouldn't be missed. The waitress was suitably counter culture for the place with lots of piercings, though less than is common for vegan places.

I make it a point to stop by every time I am in Scottsdale. This latest visit just confirmed it!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I need to start by admitting that I am hard to please, which is why my raving review is that much more amazing! My friend and I were in town just for a few days, and if only we had been able to stay longer, we would have even every meal here. It is a beautiful layout with a wide-open kitchen. We had to wait about 30 minutes for a table, but it was absolutely worth any wait. My friend is a vegetarian, and she had so many choices she had a hard time picking! I had the chicken chopped salad, and I practically licked the bowl. Portion sizes were generous. It was the perfect balance of flavors without being overpowered by anything, and every single bite was fresh. This was how a salad is supposed to taste! We also enjoyed our pomegranate drinks -- yum! We didn't want the lunch to end, so we ordered dessert. The seasonal squash pie and pumpkin ice cream were to die for. Knowing their ingredients are fresh and locally-sourced just made it even more enjoyable. The server and the manager were so friendly to us that it made us feel incredibly welcome. They are clearly proud of this restaurant, and they should be. I can't wait until they open a restaurant in my part of the country!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I wish there were more restaurants like this. The food is delicious and healthy, and green. The service is spunky. There are many options for vegetarians, vegans and meat-eaters. Creative menu.

The place is hopping, and it's OK for families -- I see people there of all ages -- young, old, dates, families -- it's all good. When busy (Sat nites are insane), services is spottier, and the wait can be long even with a reservation. The seating isn't super comfortable, and the noise level is high -- but it's a fabulous place. Try the Oregon organic Reisling wine ... and do not miss the edamame dumplings. You will be addicted.