“So Delicious You Will Want to Come Back Again and Again!”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,261 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Cincinnati, Ohio
“So Delicious You Will Want to Come Back Again and Again!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I need to start by admitting that I am hard to please, which is why my raving review is that much more amazing! My friend and I were in town just for a few days, and if only we had been able to stay longer, we would have even every meal here. It is a beautiful layout with a wide-open kitchen. We had to wait about 30 minutes for a table, but it was absolutely worth any wait. My friend is a vegetarian, and she had so many choices she had a hard time picking! I had the chicken chopped salad, and I practically licked the bowl. Portion sizes were generous. It was the perfect balance of flavors without being overpowered by anything, and every single bite was fresh. This was how a salad is supposed to taste! We also enjoyed our pomegranate drinks -- yum! We didn't want the lunch to end, so we ordered dessert. The seasonal squash pie and pumpkin ice cream were to die for. Knowing their ingredients are fresh and locally-sourced just made it even more enjoyable. The server and the manager were so friendly to us that it made us feel incredibly welcome. They are clearly proud of this restaurant, and they should be. I can't wait until they open a restaurant in my part of the country!

• Visited October 2013

New York City, New York
“Fabulous, healthy, green -- includes vegan options and fun!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I wish there were more restaurants like this. The food is delicious and healthy, and green. The service is spunky. There are many options for vegetarians, vegans and meat-eaters. Creative menu.

The place is hopping, and it's OK for families -- I see people there of all ages -- young, old, dates, families -- it's all good. When busy (Sat nites are insane), services is spottier, and the wait can be long even with a reservation. The seating isn't super comfortable, and the noise level is high -- but it's a fabulous place. Try the Oregon organic Reisling wine ... and do not miss the edamame dumplings. You will be addicted.

• Visited September 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Atmosphere and Service”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Service is great here. Outdoor or indoor seating options. Menu changes four times a year. We had autumn salad, steak tacos, & sea bass. Food is just ok.

Visited October 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
“Try Something Different”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I enjoyed dining at the True Food Kitchen twice this week. The menu is unique and I was curious to try several dishes. I found the quality excellent and portion sizes (salad, pizza) were just right, if not a bit larger than needed for lunch. Make sure to try the specialty drinks. I was skeptical about the addition of soda water, but it was good. The place is busy but worth a few minutes wait. It has an open air concept with so many open doors. Don't be in a hurry, sit, relax and enjoy some health food with a lot of flavor.

• Visited October 2013
St. George, Utah
“Outstanding Service, Outstanding Food”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Given some of the negative reviews about service, we were braced for problems. However, we would have to say that our server was quite possibly the best we have ever encountered in a long lifetime of dining out. As for the food, we had the edamame dumplings, which were awesome! (We planned to share one serving but wound up ordering a second.) We had the kale salad, which was excellent. My wife had the teriyaki rice bowl and was absolutely ecstatic with it. I had the curry. It was excellent, but I didn't feel that it differed much from other curries I have had. Next time--and there WILL be a next time--I'll try something different.

Visited October 2013