“Fresh and Healthy”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,308 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place has a really nice outdoor ambience. It's a bit too loud indoors if it's busy, for me anyway.
The staff is great and if you have a question about any of the food or drinks they will be happy to find out for you.
I had the shaved turkey sandwich that is served on a pita with your choice of hash or kale salad for a side. I had the kale salad and it was fantastic. I'd order this again for sure. It is very big but you can always discard half of the pita which I did.
My husband had the margarita pizza which he said was okay.........but he did eat the whole thing:)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We live in Sedona and when we come down to Scottsdale, this is a must on our list.
It goes far beyond the ever popular kale salad (very good). Our daughter who lives in Scottsdale eats there at least 3 times a week. As a non meat eater I am happy and so isy husband a carnivore.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

the food was very good . I had the sweet potato breakfast scramble and their blueberry muffin which were both delicious . I also ordered toast but they brought it cold and never brought butter or jam with it. The waitress never came back once until I was almost done eating to ask if we would like anything else.So If you want to be left alone the entire time than this is the place to eat. Very poor service that day ,that really needs to be kicked up a notch.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a fun place to eat! We enjoyed our lunch outside on their rather large patio area. It was the perfect rest stop during a busy shopping day. The waiter was very pleasant & patient in helping us choose our healthy drinks and lunch items. My companion had eaten there before and immediately chose the "Medicine Man"($6) , also known as the "Antioxidant Blast". This drink is a concoction of pomegranate,cranberry,and black tea flavors with carbonation. It was very refreshing but a little small for the price, I chose the "Green Annie"($5) which was composed of Green Tea,honey and lemonade. It was good but if I had to choose again , I would go with the "Medicine Man" or try another on their list of drinks, I saw no regular drinks on the menu......no sodas or even regular tea. Perhaps I could have asked for regular tea though. I am certain that sodas are a "no-no" since this is a very health oriented establishment.
We started our lunch off with an order of Herb Hummus with tomato, onion,feta and pita slices. Now I am not much of a fan of hummus generally speaking but this was the most delicious hummus I have ever eaten. Wish I could find this exact kind where I live!
My companion ordered the Bison Burger, rare. We were told that it should never be cooked more than medium rare because it is so lean. He loved it. I could not decide between the Harvest Chopped Salad, (squash,apples,pomegranate ,walnuts,goat cheese & balsamic vinaigrette) or the Spaghetti Squash Casserole. The helpful waiter suggested half orders of each. I appreciated his suggestion and enjoyed both selections. The Spaghetti Squash Casserole was my favorite! I highly recommend giving this restaurant a try. Wish there was one close to where I live!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

It was my first time at True Food Kitchen and I left happy and full. Price was a bit high for the portion size; however, I didn't mind paying more for better quality, organic food. (and to be honest, I left full anyways) I ate the Spaghetti Squash dish and it was outstanding! It truly tasted like real spaghetti and the homemade tomato sauce was perfect! I ordered the Kail-aide as my drink. Very good, however I think the Ginger might have overpowered the taste a bit. Next time, I'll order it with no ginger. To end the meal we split the Flour-less Chocolate Cake and it was moist and delicious! There was a 25 minute wait for a first available table, but the staff was friendly and accommodating so we didn't mind. We also loved the open kitchen and 'green' feel of the restaurant. My friend and I decided we will be coming back every 2 weeks and our goal is try everything on the menu, even if we normally wouldn't order it. We can't wait to come back!