“Worth a Visit”

Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana - Scottsdale
Reserve with OpenTable
Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana - Scottsdale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 1,250 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: South Scottsdale
Cross street: Mc Donald and Lincoln
Description: ‘Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana creates the truly authentic pizza experience utilizing the same simple methods that were practiced for hundreds of years in Napoli, Italy where pizza was born and perfected. Pomo's Pizza is produced according to the Neapolitan tradition where each pizza is a unique piece of art. We combine the slow levitation method to produce our homemade dough, all natural ingredients, and the Blast-Cooking process for 60–90 seconds at 905°C on our wood burning oven imported from Italy to lock in flavors, natural aroma and moisture. This gives the pizza a soft and digestible crust, which is the signature style of a true Napoletana Pizza. Our pizza is made from slow-rising sourdough with a minimum of 24 hours in the rising process. We are proud to be the First and Only APN Associazione Pizzaiuoli Napoletani and VPN Verace Pizza Napoletana certified Restaurant in Arizona. We take Neapolitan pizza seriously and you will be able to tell with every taste.
Tucson, Arizona
“Worth a Visit”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I did not give the resaurant 5 stars becasue our pizza was a little soggy on top. I had to eat it with a knife & fork so the toppings would not slide off. I started with the tomato soup. It was excellent! It reminded me of the great tomato soup I've had in Europe. It's a creamy soup with a drizzle of amazing olive oil on top & served with toast squares drizzled in olive oil. My sister had an Italian wine recommended by our waiter that she really enjoyed. We shared the Pomo Pizza and it was good aside from my comments above. They offer plain olive oil & oil infused with hot peppers to drizzle on your pizza. We were both too full to eat dessert, but they looked good. I had coffee after dinner. It was ok, but not great and extremely hot. I should have ordered an espresso drink. Our waiter was excellent, I could go on and on about him. There is patio seating, which helps as it is a small place. Our waiter did say they were moving to a larger location up the street. Even with the little dissapointment with our pizza, I'd definitely return. It was overall a very pleasant experience and I'm still thinking of that soup!

• Visited February 2013

San Diego, California
“Wonderful food!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The staff and manager are friendly and helpful when selecting items on the menu. We had an artisan pizza with cartelized onions and bacon with a Caesar salad, yum!

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“WELL WORTH THE CALORIES”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I don't eat pizza in the States. At least not since I first tasted, some twenty+ years ago, a real PIZZA NAPOLETANA in Naples, Italy. Ever since American pizza has lost all attraction: not for me the thick, mushy crusts with layers of unidentified chemical laden cheeses and abundance of ketchup on top.
That's why I love to go to Scottsdale, AZ: I can indulge in the pleasures of having some real Neapolitan pizza right in the heart of the city. All I have to do is visit POMO PIZZERIA. From the moment you enter the place, whether you choose to stay inside where the giant photo on the wall makes you feel like you are walking on the streets of Napoli, or decide to hang outside, where gas lanterns provide heat if it's chilly and you can look at the cute little Fiat Cinquecento (the rage in Italy right now), it's one-big-fun-joyful event.

Yes, there are salads, and appetizers, and pasta, all good, but I go there for the pizza: elegant thin crust covered with mozzarella of the best type -- fior di latte -- melting in your mouth with divine aromas and giving you endless enjoyment. The other toppings, sweet fresh tomatoes, aromatic fresh basil, oregano, discretely presented on the side, hot crushed pepper or celestial olive oil with herbs and hot pepper. Or ricotta and picante Italian salami and fresh garlic or prosciutto or pancetta or mushrooms or sautéed onions and more and more stuff, all fresh, either house made or imported from Italy. Wash this down with a bottle of good Italian wine - red if the weather is on the cool side, Prosecco if it's warm and leave some space for the DOLCI (desserts).

Like the pizzas, desserts present a big problem: how can you choose among the sweet Sicilian cannoli, delicate panna cotta, several chocolate creations, creme brulee and miglefoglie -- layers of puff pastry with a pattiserie creme flavored with cherry cream and more and more delightful creations. Not to forget that service is prompt and friendly: our waiter, Federico, a real Italian, was not only attentive to all our desires, he was also friendly and funny, the perfect complement to a wonderful cuisine. Don't miss it.

1 Thank Oliver S
Monterrey, Mexico
“Saying “best” is risky, but this is great brick oven pizza”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We went for dinner on a weeknight, it was quiet. Very casual ambiance. They claim a “typical Italian setting” but forget about it, it is a standard restaurant that could be serving any food on those square black tables.
Our server was very upbeat, helpful and patient with us. It was 4 of us so we decided on two salads and 3 pizzas. House salad with a nice dressing and real parmesan cheese shavings was very fresh and tasty; the chicken salad was a meal by itself.
The pizzas were absolutely delicious, and they took a very short time to be made and delivered to our table. We had the Pomo, the Napoli (with capers and anchovies) and another meat- heavy one. The crust was perfect: thin and a bit burned on the edges, with the typical taste, smell and feel of a brick oven pizza crust. Sauce and cheese were very good quality.
A short and modest wine list was enough for us that night, and we had a decent Supertuscan bottle for a very reasonable price. This is great pizza, you have to try it.
Be aware this restaurant will move soon, as the current place will be demolished for a development.

1 Thank Fernando1969
ELK RAPIDS
“Great Location”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Nice location,, price $$$ high..menu really hard to read,, Humble Pie across street had better $ and value...Outside dining not kept up and ready when we arrived.. small dining inside..