“Really good service, food and atmosphere”

Citizen Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Citizen Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,284 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Craftsman Ct. & 5th Avenue
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Having heard this was one of the best spots in the city, we booked a group of fifty there. Prior to this event which went perfectly due to excellent managment and service, I went unannounced days before, sat at bar and ate. Service, food and beer was very good. The lamb was excellent as was the hummus and tsatsiki. I will be back. By the way, the mixed drinks were a huge hit at the private function.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Was there less than a week ago late on a weekday night. Sat at the bar with a close friend/family member & had an incredibly nice meal with attentive but not obtrusive service. We really couldn't have been more pleased. We told the bartender we liked Gin and for him to "surprise us". He delivered quite a few different options and they were all really great. Now to the food.
We started with Bernie's Mac & Cheese ($9) and the Pork Belly Pastrami($12). Both were great. The chilled tomato relish that comes on the Mac & Cheese was exceptional...packed with flavor. The pastrami was really good & the Brussels sprout sour kraut that accompanied it was really flavorful and well balanced...good stuff.
I ordered the Fair-Trade Short Ribs ($28) and I couldn't recommend them more highly. The only thing that might have outshined the ribs was the dried cherry bbq sauce that came with them. My friend had the Truffle Grilled Cheese ($12) and it was great with no detail overlooked - a great bread and cheese to go with the truffle flavor. Heavy truffle flavor...you isn't one if those where you barely taste the truffle...you will be tasting it some the next morning. What was the only thing we encountered that lacked a little seasoning was the white truffle scented mashed potatoes that came with the grilled cheese. Maybe they knew the sandwich was big and powerful and wanted the mashed potatoes to be lighter? I could see that being the case because everything else was very intentionally seasoned and tasted fantastic.
Some real talent in the kitchen here. Give 'em a try next time you are in the PHX area.

1  Thank PBOKC
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The chef is brilliant. He combines flavors that I would never put together to create incredible dishes. The wait staff is young, excited, friendly and in love with their restaurant and offerings. The atmosphere was wonderful. They left the sliding doors open despite the heat and it gave the restaurant a very open feel. They maintained a comfortable temperature. Once we found this place we returned the next night and if we stayed longer would have come back every night until we had tried all the different entrees that interested us.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I had dinner during AZ Restaurant Week and had the set menu. I liked my chop salad, nothing special though. For my entree I had scallops which were cooked nicely however I didn't like the combination of flavors. For dessert, my chocolate mint cake was good. The waiter was nice. Service was slow. The room was too dark and very noisy.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This place is awesome! We shared an appetizer that we both agreed was the best appetizer we've ever eaten- the burrata! It's excellent! We had the scallops and the chicken- both excellent, would highly recommend the scallops. Great atmosphere in the restaurant, and great bar as well. This was our favorite meal in Scottsdale! Would highly recommend!