“Good Food-Poor Service”

Citizen Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Citizen Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,256 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Craftsman Ct. & 5th Avenue
New Jersey
“Good Food-Poor Service”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The food at Citizen Public House is creative and while uneven---excellent in many regards. It also represents an excellent value given the level of the food here. We especially enjoyed our starters-butternut squash chowder and a kale Caesar salad.

On a busy Saturday night, the noise was unreasonably loud and the staff was either exceptionally busy or exceptionally un-engaged. Drink orders took 10-15 minutes. Our dirty dishes sat in front of us for at least 15 minutes before someone came by to take them away. Our waitress was generally missing in action.

Shame that below average service detracted from the really fine food.

Dallas, Texas
“Great Meal”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Another vote for the chopped salad that they mix at your table - delicious! We also enjoyed the Moscow Mules (served in fun metal mugs) as pre-dinner cocktails. Our server was maybe a little TOO friendly, constantly sitting on the bench next to my friend when he came to check on us, but he was married so it was not done in a sleazy way. We were able to walk in on a busy Friday night without reservations. The food was oustanding, definitely recommnd.

Randolph, New Jersey, United States
“Better than Excellent!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I heard about Citizen Public House from a friend who raved about the menu, so when I was next in town, I booked a table for two. The food and service was so excellent, I went back three days later.

You have to start off with the Pork Belly Pastriami or Chicken and Waffles; or better yet, get both of them. Excellent. My wife had the Chop Salad as an Entree and not only was the salad excellent, the presentation was beautiful. I had the Roasted Chicken that was perfect. For dessert, we shared a Blue Berry Pie, which was wonderful.

Not only was the foot creative and excellent, the service was even better. Our waiter Owen was engaging and extremely attentive.

Trust me...stop reading this and just GO!

Denver, Colorado
“Great Happy Hour”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Came for dinner before the baseball game and were able to eat and drink from the happy hour menu. Food was excellent! We shared a fondue made with various cheeses and kilt lifter beer and it came with bread, sausage and Asian pears for dipping. Plenty of food for 2 to share. We then split a kale Caesar salad that was plentiful and had great seasoning. Beers were half off as we're the food items. We had a great meal for $28! Service was attentive and friendly. Restaurant is cozy and comfortable. Wish we had more time to spend here as we had to be I and out in an hour. Would definitely return.

Santa Clara, California, United States
“Creative cocktails and excellent food”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We needed a good place to eat while in Scottsdale for Spring Training this month and really hit the jackpot with this restaurant! The interior is big with seating around the bar, seating outside and the main dining room. We had early reservations so it wasn't to loud or busy yet. The cocktails are crafted with spcialized sprits and liquours. The menu is small and easy to navigate, they have several gluten free dishes. We had the chopped salad which everyone posts about and it is a must have. Was just enough to split for 2 and we ate every last morsel.
When we raved about it to out waitress, she gave us the recipe that they have pre-printed, very cool! The service was great! I had ordered a cocktail that I wasn't what I thought it would be. They noticed that I put it aside and offered me something else for no charge.
I had smoked duck and my boyfriend had scallops. It was all very good and such a nice break from the tourist packed places that serve up a lot of booze and so-so food.