“Our best meal in Scottsdale” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Citizen Public House

Citizen Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Citizen Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,239 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Craftsman Ct. & 5th Avenue
London
“Our best meal in Scottsdale”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed in Scottsdale for a week and ate out every night - this was by far the best restaurant, food and service that we experienced.

It was a lively venue without being over loud, excellent warm and friendly service from the outset.

Having seen the enticing dessert menu we opted not to have starters and went straight for the main course. I had she short ribs which were absolutely delicious, served on parsnip mash and very fresh greens (stir fried I think). Unfortunately even though we only had one course we were too full to try ant of the very tempting desserts.

I would thoroughly recomment this restaurant to anyone visiting the area.

• Visited February 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“My Favorite Place in Old Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've been here enough times to have had everything on the menu (and it does change)! You can't go wrong with anything you order. They have a unique twist on classic dishes (including the best mac and cheese EVER). Don't miss the chop salad and save room for dessert, even if its one for the whole table to share!

Make reservations, it can be hard to get a table.

• Visited February 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Thomas at the bar has wonderful recommendations. If you love a well mixed cocktail, the Aviation is amazing and I definitely recommend the scallops as an entree. Both top notch!

Visited February 2013
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Citizan public house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wonderful. Very nice room, great location, excellent service. The food was wonderful. We chose the house salad with smoked salmon and then were spoilt for choice with chicken, duck, trout and salmon all sounding fabulous. We weren't disappointed. The steak and chicken were both sumptuous. Could recommend this place to anyone!

Visited February 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Noisy but Oh, the Chopped Salad!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had cause to celebrate so we opted for the 40 min drive to Old Town Scottsdale and try the Citizen Public House. We were not disappointed.
We arrived 35 mins early but there was no room at the bar on a busy, noisy Saturday night. The good folks at CPH seated us within 10 mins. Water was brought immediately and our server, Owen, appeared quickly after.

My wife has developed an intestinal issue that calls for a low Fodmap diet, which is very difficult to follow when eating out. CPH has all gluten free items clearly marked, which helped. We ordered drinks and salad first. Both were promptly served. My wife had Local Field Greens with lemon-mint vinaigrette while I had the chopped salad for the first time.
The field greens were very pedestrian but the chopped salad was probably the best salad of my life. Seriously. I loved it so much that I ordered one to take home. Only after arriving home did I realize that they gladly share the recipe.
For our entrees, we had the Pan Seared Scallops and the Fair-Trade Short Ribs. The scallops were perfectly seasoned and cooked while the short ribs were so tender my knife stayed clean through disuse.
Although my first reaction was that the portions were small because I am a hearty eater, we were just right-full at meals end.

We will return to CPH and try the summer menu or perhaps just a night out. Excellent food and service. What more is there?

• 4 of 5 bubbles