“Good Food and Service”

Citizen Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Citizen Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,262 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Craftsman Ct. & 5th Avenue
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good Food and Service”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a busy noisy, popular restaurant. Service was excellent and the food was good. The chopped salad is unique and filling. I prefer a lighter version but it was fun to try. Entrees are good. My husband had short ribs which seemed sweet to me. My fish with pea risotto was excellent. The only negative is that it is too LOUD to really relax or have a conversation.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank luvsgolf71

Waterloo, Canada
“Highly recommended dining in Old Town Scottsdale. Go!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Excellent and imaginative food with good service and an inspired wine list. One of the top places in town. Highly recommended. Check this one out. Foodies will not be disappointed.

Brockville, Canada
“A Good Save”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Friday Jan. 4th we arrived at Citizen for a 7:00PM reservation. We had been there a year earlier and it had been very quiet. The restaurant certainly has caught on. So much so that once we were seated my wife and I (60+) looked at each other and agreed we couldn't stay. Way too noisy! I went to the bar where our waiter was ordering our wine and told him..'Sorry. We couldn't take the noise.' He was genuinely concerned that we weren't comfortable and asked us to hold on for a moment. He and the 'Front Manager' set up a little table for us in an unused ante room, turned on the heat and asked if this might suit us better. It did. And even though we were squirreled away we had attentive and professional service for the rest of the evening. This was a level of service that you seldom experience. The food was as good as we remembered. The 'Chopped Salad' is fabulous. We wondered if we might have the recipe and they had it all printed up and ready to go. These guys are good! We won't hesitate to return and ask for that quiet little corner again!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank jamestmcd
Dallas, Texas
“Citizens Public House”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

In Old town Scottsdale - menu selection good and wait staff is friendly - they make a special salad (mix at your table) that is a must have.

Visited January 2013
Cambridge,MA
“Great atmosphere average food”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had dinner in the Citizen Public House in November 2012.
the place is great for dates or just having drinks with friends. they don't have any TV's, not even on the bar so you can just enjoy your drink, enjoy your food and have a normal conversation. great!. Don't skip the cocktails - I had few and they were really good.
For dinner I had the Local Green Field salad which was not more than OK. The plate was cold so I guess they just had it waiting in the fridge and just added the dressing when I ordered. Main course was APPLEWOOD SMOKED DUCK - very good dish, lots of flavor and great textures.
desert was DREAM PUDDING JAR - It was huge!! I love deserts but this desert is for at least two people. you get a jar with three layers of cream and pudding. next to the jar you get few home made cookies. it looks really good and yummy but it was too cold and the caramel was stiff and hard to chew. it can be much better after few minutes outside the fridge.
in summery: great atmosphere, great drinks and good food. enjoy.

• Visited November 2012