“Loud, but tasty”
Review of Culinary Dropout

Culinary Dropout
Reserve with OpenTable
Culinary Dropout is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,256 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Silverdale, Washington
“Loud, but tasty”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband and I met here with some friends from Phoenix while we were in Scottsdale on vacation. We were initially told there would be a 30 minute wait. No big deal, we just headed outside to get a drink and the bar. An hour later, we finally got a table.

At this point, we were famished, so we opted to order some of their house-made potato chips and the pretzels. Both of these were excellent. I LOVED the pretzels, and if I hadn't had an entree coming, I probably could have polished off a whole order by myself. I got a chicken club sandwich that came with a chicken breast, ham and bacon. It was quite good.

The atmosphere in the restaurant is really trendy and cool. However, we noticed that there really weren't very many tables. It seems like they might be able to fit a few more in, if it weren't for the over-sized furniture they are currently using in the dining room.

One downside to meeting our friends here was that there was live music the night we were there. The musician was good and played some soulful covers of a variety of types of music. That part was good. Unfortunately, they had the sound turned up so high that we couldn't hear each other at all. I'm naturally a pretty quiet person, and as such, I couldn't even be heard if I shouted. I spent most of the conversations just trying to read lips. I feel like if they'd toned it down just a little, it would have been a much more enjoyable experience.

That said, the food was excellent. I would probably return, but would likely opt for a night without live music if I wanted to actually talk to my dinner companions.

Visited August 2014

Scottsdale, Arizona
“High Quality Bar Food Served Too Fast !!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

First........this is not a white table cloth restaurant. It is an upscale bar that serves good food but almost as fast as a QSR !! Slow down!!! If I spend $100 for dinner for 2 I want the meal to last at least 45 minutes. I have had longer meals at IN-N OUT !! Nothing wrong with the food or the menu or the service but take charge of the waiter and slow them down..........it makes you feel like you wasted your money and the experience not so good or worthwhile.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank kpeterson001
River Vale, New Jersey
“Great upscale pub food”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great location by the fashion square mall and a block from the waterfront/downtown. A shabby chic type of place where most of the servers have sleeve tattoos. And oh by the way, the food is awesome. We started out with the pretzels and cheese fondue. Excellent starter and plenty to share with the table. I had the fried chicken which was super crispy and super juicy. The French dip was a prime rib and the family now has a new benchmark for what French dip sandwich is supposed to taste like. It's not the easiest place to get a table and we were sitting next to a few pro athletes so it's a happening location. Parking is pretty easy and the bill wasn't bad. I would definitely return and have a designated driver next time. Great selection of local craft beers.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Marc K
Porirua, Wellington, New Zealand
“Best Meal we had in the USA”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Spending two weeks on holiday in the USA during July and we both decided that the meal we had at this restaurant was definitely the best of all.
The restaurant environment was attractive both inside and out. Service was excellent, friendly and helpful. We had had a large lunch so weren't looking for anything too much, we decided to share a main, and supplement it with a couple of the antipasto items - grilled asparagus and bread & olive oil. We told the waiter of our intention to share the main, when the meal of ribs arrived at our table they had split the meal so that we each had our own plate - fantastic! The food was delicious. The ribs tender and very tasty. The standout favourite was the grilled asparagus. The servings were very generous. Even though we shared the main, with the additional 'sides' we left feeling full. We would most definitely return to this restaurant again. Thanks for the fantastic food and friendly attentive service:-)

• Visited July 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Craft cocktails are cupcakes at this hangout!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Best Manhattan this side of...Pluto. These folks can mix a drink that you'll remember fondly. There's no vanilla in the arsenal. Just pure borderline exotic creativity in liquid form. Food was ok. Patio superb!

• Visited March 2014