“Culinary Dropout & The Yard in Phoenix”
Review of Culinary Dropout

Culinary Dropout
Reserve with OpenTable
Culinary Dropout is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,257 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Culinary Dropout & The Yard in Phoenix”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I spent 4 days in Phoenix on Spring Break with my 16 year old and we found this place on Day 3 and loved it so much we were back again on day 4! Had we found it the first day, we'd have most certainly went there every night! I found the menu fantastic and wanted to try everything on it. The stuff we did try was exceptional and the Honey drizzled fried chicken was undoubtedly the best Fried Chicken I've (we've) ever had!

The service was great and efficient using IPod's to text you updates on how long it will be until your table is ready and letting you know when it is ready! Even sending you a Thank you text when leaving! Valet Parking and everyone was very friendly.

No doubt the best part for us, above all else, was the atmosphere and the outdoor Yard area. Long couches, nice tables and giant chairs, bench's, fire pits, ping pong, been bags and foose ball! It had it all! Very comfortable and family friendly. Lots of kids and lots of adults and a very comfortable atmosphere for both! Classy yet Comfortable. The second night we had no wait time at all, but the first night we may have had to wait 15-20 minutes or so....but there is so much area to walk around, benches to sit on and games to play that an hour goes by in no time.

It was the highlight of our 4 day trip and will be the first place we go the next time we're in town. I have not been to any of the others but this one ranks number #1 on my list of favorite places!

• Visited March 2013

Chipita Park, Colorado
“Fun and Tasty”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Yes, it's a little funky, but the food is good, the service was very good, they have a good variety of beer and wine, and it's an overall fun place to go with friends and family that lacks the pretentiousness of a lot of the Scottsdale restaurants in the area.

Visited March 2013
Albany NY
“Ask how they got their name”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had a business meeting in the area and a few of us wanted to try something good but not fancy. We had reservations for 6:15 and I would recommend having them as this place goes from a few to a lot in a very short time.
Our waitress was great and very knowledgeable of her craft- drink and food recommendations were on the mark. I also appreciated her honesty when asked on selections. One of our group is vegetarian and has a food allergy and in 5 min. The waitress had a dish designed to accommodate her. Not too fancy, not rushed out and decent prices

• Visited March 2013
billstap
“Great food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We drove into Scottsdale to have a nice dinner during a girls' weekend away. A few positive reviews from friends convinced us to go there. When we got there it was a 75 minute wait. They take your cell number and will text you when your table is ready. We loved this as we took the time to walk around a bit and weren't forced to stand around and wait (the bar area was full). In the end our wait was only 45 minutes. We had a nice seat outside. Once it started to cool off they turned on some very powerful heaters and we were quite comfortable. Our waiter was friendly and helpful. We asked him to put together an antipasti plate for us. He chose a combination of a couple of meats, a cheese, and some bread. It was delicious and FRESH! The only negative part of our visit, happened next. One minute (literally) after getting the antipasti, our meals arrived. At this point we certainly felt rushed. My girlfriends all ordered The turkey pastrami sandwich on the recommendation of our waiter. I didn't try it, but they all raved about it. I ordered the 36-hour pork ribs. I wasn't that hungry but ate every bit of it. They were delicious. I have never before liked coleslaw, but theirs was delicious. We all commented on it. We shared 2 desserts between the 4 of us. The first was some kind of apple thing, the second a chocolate, peanut butter tart. They were both great. The apple one was better.

The whole experience was fantastic. Other than the timing of the appetizers and meal, we never again felt rushed and in fact our waiter encouraged us to stay longer as there was a live band performing. I think the live music only happens on Saturdays. if you are there during that time I would recommend waiting for a seat outside. Inside seemed quite loud once they started playing. But outside we really enjoyed it! We each had 3 drinks, the antipasti, a meal, and the equivalent of 1/2 a dessert, all for $60 each. Fantastic value!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank billstap
Mesa, AZ
“Everyone liked the food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

From the appetizers to the main meal, everything was very tasty. Our waiter had strong recommendations when asked, and we followed the recommendations and we were pleased with the choices. The service wasn't the fastest I have ever seen, but then they did get busier as the time went on.

• Visited February 2013