“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Culinary Dropout

Culinary Dropout
Reserve with OpenTable
Culinary Dropout is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,250 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Phoenix
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Another fun place from the Fox Restaurant people. We enjoyed our Valentine's dinner here and were not disappointed! Wife had the meatloaf which was cooked perfectly and served in a large portion for a very fair price. I enjoyed their 'SAD' special ('Singles Awareness Day' as they called Valentine's day) which was a great deal: pretzel fondue to start with, a mystery brown bag can of beer and their famous fried chicken dinner plate.
We didn't stay late enough to hear the live music, but the place was still loud and fun. Very busy, but we didn't have to wait for a table at 6pm on a Friday night.
Will definitely be back with friends.

Visited February 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Refreshing”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We really like this place! The menue was small, which I like but yet you could get very creative with it if you wanted. There is an ala cart section where you can piece together your choices of meats cheeses and vegetables. Say, capricola, rosted beets and some gorganzola and it will come out on a single plate. This was fun. We also had the very popular warm pretzles (more like golfball sized buns) and fondue. We never got to the sandwich or entree section of the menu but the cubana looked good as did the roasted prime french dip served with french onion soup for dipping. We will be back next time we're in town. Oh! I can't forget the $ 1.85 beer in a bag. You get whatever beer happens to be in the bag.

UK
“The food and service was music to my ears........”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

..........when we dropped in here for some lunch in the downtime between checking out of the hotel and catching a flight at 2100.

Initial reaction on studying the menu was good, but at about 1500 (which I guess could be the quietest time of the day) inside CD there was a live band doing a sound check for their gig that night.
When they did occasionally break into a ‘tune’ it was not too bad, good even, but with the majority of the sound check being random noises and strumming at gig volume, it was not really compatible with lunch............... however we decided to stay but sit outside.
The sound check must have lasted around an hour and during that time we saw probably 30-40 people go in to CD, and come straight out again within a couple of minutes. Now I have no idea how many might have stayed and ate had the restaurant not been so noisy, but I'd bet it would be a fair proportion.
The owners are clearly not too worried by this though, presumably as the place would be ‘jumping’ that evening when the band played for real......

Anyway, we sat outside during a very pleasant day, topped up with the outdoor heaters, and enjoyed excellent service and information from Jameson..............

Started with some Bread & Oil, Asparagus and Almonds and continued with Burrata (explained and described perfectly by Jameson) and Fish and Chips (I knew what that was!!!), washed down with some Sierra Nevada (knew what that was too!!) and Riesling respectively.
All the food was very tasty and while the Fish & Chips was exactly what I expected, the Burrata was a new experience... compressed pears, grilled bread, walnuts & bacon syrup... difficult to tell from that menu description, (hence our need for Jameson to enlighten us further), but it now comes highly recommended by my wife.

Overall this was a very good lunch, with good service, and I am certain that by evening there would be many many more customers who actually enjoyed that band over a few, or lots of beers.... shame we had a flight to catch!!!

1 Thank bluemingoodbloke
Phoenix, Arizona
“Come for drinks”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The service wasn't great. We had a large party and the servers had a hard time remembering we were there. But they do have some good drinks and pretzels that are good. I would try it once and see if you have a better experience. But as for me, been there, not going back.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Awesome Scottsdale Restaurant”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

First time to this newer restaurant. The place was hopping busy, but not too busy not to get a table. It was busy with a mix of the Scottsdale crowd of all ages, the hip ones. The menu was very simple and rather inexpensive. Really. The service was great and very attentive. I ordered the curry chicken. It was great, it was prepared in Thai mode, one the best I had. The portion was a little bit smaller than I expected. My companion had the ribs, and he said they were great, the meat was falling off the bones. The portion was very generous. On friday night, the band starts at 9 pm. Definitely going back.