“Yummy!”
Review of Culinary Dropout

Culinary Dropout
Reserve with OpenTable
Culinary Dropout is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 1,282 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have been a couple of times and really enjoy Culinary Dropout. The best appetizer is the pretzels dipped in cheese fondue. We have tried many things there and have been pleased with them all. The atmosphere is fun and there is a lot to do right around there. Make sure to save room for dessert:)

1  Thank Casie M

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went on a work trip, CD had a solid drink menu and outstanding food. The fried chicken was fantastic, probably the highlight of the night. It's always good to see a great version of down & dirty food.

Very good ambiance, staff was nice and informative. I'd go back if I get back to Scottsdale.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I went here with some business associates one night. There were about 6 of us, love the pretzels and cheese! I had the rib-eye sandwich which was way too big for one person! Everyone said the food was great, from the meatloaf to the salads. Great atmosphere too. Love Scottsdale and their cool restaurants and bars!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I had overheard a conversation about this restaurant in of all places a supermarket checkout line while in Scottsdale. It sounded good so I thought "give it a try." Free nearby garage parking lot with a short walk was nice. The atmosphere was relatively stark and a bit noisy with a variety of older ("Spirit in the Sky") and new songs coming from multiple speakers and then I realized this was a popular drinking spot after seeing the large selection of brews and liquors at the bar. The open kitchen was sending out delicious aromas as we sat down. I don't know if eclectic is the correct word to describe the relatively short list of menu selections. I do know is that our appetizers (mussels, grilled asparagus, and onion soup) and entrees (salmon and my grilled bistro steak) were delicious.

1  Thank ginals
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stumbled on this place while walking around Scottsdale. We thought the place looked nice on the inside so we decided to have lunch. We enjoyed the meal. Our waiter was very good; nice and friendly and not afraid to make reservations. He said the restaurant was famous for its Soft Pretzels & Provolone Fondue, so we ordered it. We were not disappointed. The prices here are high (this was $10) but they have generous portions. The fondue was outstanding (my wife loved fondue and she really liked this) and it came with a dozen, soft, warm pretzel balls to dip in the cheese. It was very good. The restaurant has a nice selection of cheeses and meats so we had some cheese and prosciutto. Again, a little pricey but they don’t skimp. We had a nice, slow lunch. We enjoyed the food and the other offerings we saw looked good as well. Love the atmosphere and the food, but I think it is a bit pricey (if you read my other reviews, I am not afraid to pay for food…). We would go back, but because of the price, not so often.