“Average breakfast”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 19, 2013

A little disappointing to say the least. We went to here on our last day in the Phoenix area, and it was average to me. Factoring in the wait time and everything, and I doubt I will return. As with all places, I really wanted to like it. It had a cool look to it, with a lot of yellow in the decor. But I felt like it wasn't anything I could not have enjoyed at any other basic breakfast place.

Matt's Big Breakfast is still my top choice in the Phoenix area, but perhaps Over Easy Cafe will improve.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

It has to be my favorite meal of the day "Breakfast". Coming from Wisconsin in March and being able to eat outside, what more could you ask for. OK - really yummy breakfast. I can not remember for the life of me the name of my dish but it had potato's, black beans, corn chips, salsa, eggs, wonderful pulled beef and flour tortilla's. I wish I had that around by me, hand down best place to eat breakfast.

2  Thank JenPhotoGirl
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I ate there with my family this past week and it was not good. The eggs, whether in an omlete or over easy, were cooked until brown and tasted burned. The biscuits were obviously reheated in a microwave as the top half was mushy and bottom half hard as a rock - so dense could have been door stops. Sausage gravy is a misnomer as it was really 2 small sausage links cut in half and one piece on top of each biscuit with white "gravy" poured on top. Not to mention, the gravy tasted like green onion and not much else. Also, it doesn't come with eggs or anything but was $8+. When served it looked like the exact same way that Ihop serves their biscuits and gravy which is also bad but at least the Ihop biscuits are fluffy! We are breakfast people and prefer to eat breakfast out so needless to say, we were shocked and dismayed how bad this place was based on the positive feedback on trip advisor.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Food was Delish!! Try the wolf pack or any of the Benedict's. I had the spinach Benedict. The server said they make the hollandaise every 2 hours and you can definitely tell! It was super fresh and tasty. Also the decor was cute and bright! A super way to start your day!

1  Thank Cathy B
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Thought I was in for a good meal but boy was it bad. Biscuts & gravy were some of the worse I've ever eaten. The biscuts were extremely dense and not edible. Sausage,Bacon, onion and swiss cheese omelette was lacking flavor. Seems liked it was cooked to fast and on too high of heat. Egg part of it was chewy. Really disappointed and would normally go again to give it another try but being on vacation I don't want to waste finding a better breakfast spot.