“Complete disrepsect/ Service a disgrace”
Review of Gelato Spot Caffe

Gelato Spot Caffe
Ranked #3 of 39 Dessert in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Description: Gelato Spot Caffe in Old Town Scottsdale, Arizona offers wood fired pizzas, panini sandwiches, salads, coffee, beer, wine and much more. It's a fun casual place with food thats made with passion and fresh ingredients. Our family cares about the business and we strive everyday to make our guests feel special.
baton rouge
“Complete disrepsect/ Service a disgrace”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

On 7/12/13 some friends and I went to this spot for pizza. I must say I have never been treated like this before, the customer service is beyond awful starting with the girls that work there all the way up to the manager. And this is from a person who owns 2 businesses so I know what customer service is.

I asked what flavors the milkshakes came in and the girl behind the counter told me about there alcoholic milkshakes so i agreed to try one. After waiting in line to pay b/c the 2 girls working the register were not old enough to check me out due to alcohol, i was finally able to check out. The girl that fixed my order asked if i liked the shake and if not she would make another one. I said i didn't like the shake she agreed and offered to make another one. I went and sat at my table with 7 other people I came with. Next the manager (Don Palatto) comes up to my table in a very rud manor telling me that they will not fix another shake b/c they already fixed the 1st one. he then proceeded to tell me that they should have checked my id(as if it was my problem they didn't check my id). He also stated that they are not selling shakes yet it was on the menu above AND the person working behind the counter informed me about the adult alcohol shakes. At that point I just asked for my money back. He said fine and walked away.

The manager walked over and gave me a reciept that showed cash/0.00 amount. I informed him that does me no good. 1st i didn't pay cash and 2nd it doesn't show the amount put back on my card. I told the manager that the service was horrible here and he proceeded to say WE WILL BE FINE W/O YOU HERE.. WE MAKE IT EVERYDAY W/O YOU... basically i gathered that we don't need Black business, b/c I was with 6 other Blacks. All I wanted in the begin was the remade shake that the guy said i would not get b/c its not his problem i didn't like the shake that was made. But after the entire incident i just wanted my money so we could leave. He didn't even know how to credit the money abck. he kept saying let me find out from my son. i have to call my son.I later called on that tuesday 7/16 b/c the funds were not in my account. His SON answers and says MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE. WE DO NOT CARE!!! so the apple doesn't fall too far fromt the tree I see.

20 mins later the girl brings me the milkshake that she said she would make over since the other one had a funny taste. I asked why did it take all this comotion to get the shake. She said she should not have offered to make a new one. I said well being that you did I would think ya'll would honor that and this should not have been an issue. I told her that my entire table is done eating and I didn't want the shake. She said WHATEVER... and walked off.

It wasn't about the shake the moment the manager came to my table blaming me for what his workers lacked to do...their job correctly, it was about the service my friends and I have recieved. it was evident that we were not welcomed. I would highly not recommend dining at this place. I've heard things like this before from my peers but never thought I/we would experience it!

So im sure the person that will repond to this review will be the son... like all the other reviews. which again he was not even present at the location during this incident. so then again how factual are his statements for someone to not be present? If only I could upload the video of he entire incident. one would be amazed!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank a t
Tommy P, Owner at Gelato Spot Caffe, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
You know I remember you and I am sorry but we tried to make everything right and re-made and re-made your shakes and even refunded your money. It's just unfortunate that you have to be vindictive and post your anger about us everywhere you can. Never knew someone can get so angry about a milkshakes. Seems silly and life is too short.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Gelato, Perfect Pizza!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

We've been eating Gelato Spots frozen delights for years. This is always a great place for sweet treat before or after a venture in Old Town. Now that they've added a wood fired pizza oven you can make it a one stop dining experience. Nice modern/contemporary vibe, with a view of busy Scottsdale Road. We love to stop hear before comedy club or out dancing. The gelato is a bit pricey, but you can tell they use premium ingredients so it is worth it. Also they have a great coffee bar. The pizzas are very good, not Old Towns best (Grazie) but definitely worth trying. Great place to enjoy with friends, relax, get a snack and watch the cars roll by.

• Visited June 2013
Gelato S, Owner at Gelato Spot Caffe, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thanks for coming in! We love that you found the pizza delicious. We try hard to perfect every part of our business everyday.
Greensburg, Indiana
“Gelato”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Gelato seems big in Scottsdale, so we tried it out. The store was close to our hotel. They had several flavors. The snickers with almonds was our favorite. Large servings.

Gelato S, Owner at Gelato Spot Caffe, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for coming in, we appreciate your business! It's great you were able to find a favorite flavor, we try hard to please our customers!
“Perfect treat in a warm climate”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

There are four locations in Phoenix and Scottsdale. This establishment offers quality gelato in many flavors. The display cases are separated into fruity flavors and more complex, combo flavors. Gelato is served on site in a variety of cup sizes. "To go" gelato is available in various sized boxes. We tried the pineapple and lemon gelato: both were superb and served with a bit of waffle cone. An outdoor patio and indoor seating available.

Gelato S, Manager at Gelato Spot Caffe, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for stopping by! Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us and I am glad we were able to offer a welcoming atmosphere and cure for your sweet tooth!!
Burtonsville, Maryland
“Delicious Heat Antidote”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This place provided the best cure for the Arizona heat - yummy gelato. And it's healthier than plain ol' ice cream. Fresh, nice portions, ok prices. Friendly service.

Gelato S, Manager at Gelato Spot Caffe, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for stopping by! We work hard to make sure every customer is satisfied and are glad we could help during these scorching AZ summer temperatures!!