Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
HAVASUPI FALLS

Highly recommend this company and especially the guide Jason Hamberger. He was so nice and... read more

Reviewed October 21, 2018
Z2695CMheatherc
Sandy, Utah
Havasupai Trip

JRI adventure company provided a great experience into the land of the Havasupai People. The trip... read more

Reviewed October 21, 2018
ghanarxgurl
salt lake city

All reviews backpacking trip bright angel grand canyon south rim air mattress outstanding trip guided trip every step of the way havasupai falls bucket list gear roughing hike blisters grandview hermit headlamp
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I cannot recommend Roughin it enough. This trip was fantastic from start to finish! Booking from the UK was seamless with great assistance from Roughin it staff. They answered any questions I had by email or Skype but the guides online were excellent too.

The trip itself was AMAZING!! Every minute was immaculately planned. Our tour guide (Ryan) was fab - he helped us prepare our bags (they supplied bedding, bags, camel packs, snacks & tents), cooked us yummy meals, guided us through-out the four days telling us all about the Canyon & ensuring we had a great and safe time!

The trek was definitely a challenge but worth every minute. Days are long and in September the weather is very hot - take a bandana- it will become your best friend!

We camped at three different sites - each was unique & fun in a different way. We slept in tents without the outer over - therefore we got to look up at the stars!

There were six in our group including Ryan - nice and small. Luckily the group was really friendly - we had a great time.

Prices are slightly higher than some other tours but its definitely worth the additional pounds. There's loads more I could say but I'll finish with I highly recommend Roughin it and the Grand Canyon Rim to Rim. Hopefully I'll get to go on another tour one day!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

It was hard for me to pay for a trip to a National Park. However, when I added the cost of permits (very hard to get), new gear, my rental car sitting in the parking lot, and food; well, it just made sense. The Grand Canyon Rim to Rim trek is an incredible experience to challenge you physically with dynamic terrain and engage you spiritually with breathtaking views. The communication, equipment, guide, food, and transportation were all outstanding.

In addition, if I had gone without the help of a company I would not have anticipated temperature swings from 20 degrees at the North Rim to 86 degrees at Phantom Ranch. Now would I have experienced the great food, side trips to beautiful places like Plateau Point, company provided snack bags, Gatorade, finding mint bushes, seeing hieroglyphics, getting canyon history, eating freshly caught trout (not typical I'm sure, but great on our trip), and riddles to occupy my mind as we ascended steep sections of the course which all made the trip sensational.

Everyone associated with the company raved about Just Roughin It and all were sensational people. I had a terrific trip and would highly recommend Just Roughin It and the Grand Canyon Rim to Rim trip.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

With Ryan Williams as our Guide and Leader, had the most brilliant holiday. Ryan is an excellent cook, with excellent knowledge of Arizonia's walks, animals and environment, we had the best guide!!!. Thanks to Andrea our co walker in our group. Truly an amazing experience amongest some of the worlds best scenery. Its a must as a holiday to go with Just Roughin It Adventure Company. Lorraine Benford , York, England.

Date of experience: September 2012
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife, Dawn, and I did our first ever backpacking hike from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon
down the South Kaibab trail and back up on the Bright Angel trail. I dealt with Keri from JRI and she made all the necessary arrangements in a very friendly and easy to understand way. The
Canyon was spectacular beyond my expectations. Our guide, Zach, was polite, very efficient, made great snacks and meals and gave us so much information about every thing in the Canyon.
We are not campers but Zach set up the camp site, did all the cooking and even cleaned up after
dinner and breakfast and made the camping experience easy for Dawn and me. We went to bed
just after sun-down and slept well. We felt really spoiled. Dawn and I were impressed f
with the hiking equipment supplied by JRI, good quality stuff, and we didn't have to haul it down from
Canada to Arizona on the plane. It's a tough hike down and a tough hike back up but the scenery
is so spectacular that it makes it all worth while. We started our hike out of the Canyon on the second day at 4:00 AM. It was dark. The sun rose about 5:45AM so the first hour and forty five
minutes were in the dark. Even though JRI supplied good head lights Dawn was very nervous walking the narrow trail in the dark. We also missed that much of the scenery. If it had been
mid-summer I could understand an early start to miss the heat of mid-day but that is not nesessary
at the end of October. Even with the latter comment, we thoroughly enjoyed our hike and the fantastic scenery . Just Rough'in It is a really good outfit.

Arthur and Dawn Morewood

Reviewed October 17, 2012

An awesome trip! JRI handled some last minute changes to our trip with efficiency and concern for us and our long planned vacation. Five women backpacked down North Bass Trail, rafted across the river, and out South Bass Trail. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that we could not have done with another guide company. It was not a trip for novices or beginners (we are experienced backpackers). Our guide was great, food was very good, and JRI took very good care of us. The ratings that JRI gave this trip was spot on - the solitude was sublime and scenery was jaw dropping. Best moment was the last night on the Esplanade where we looked across the canyon to where we started. We made it across that! I highly recommend this company - they know what they're doing and our trip was wonderful - hard, but wonderful.