“Food okay, but strange delivery of ordered items”
Review of Tapas Papa Frita

Tapas Papa Frita
Reserve with OpenTable
Tapas Papa Frita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #137 of 1,250 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Scottsdale Rd & Camelback
Transit: Scottsdale Trolley.
Saratoga, California
“Food okay, but strange delivery of ordered items”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This restaurant is in the heart of a very "happening" area of Scottsdale, so be prepared to be parking challenged on a weekend - there is valet parking in the area, however. Otherwise, this was a very unexceptional tapas restaurant. We ordered five tapas and one soup to start...and, unlike every other Spanish restaurant we've dined at, all items arrived at the same time. Six plates on a two top, not counting the service plates, wine and water glasses...there was no room... Even our server was a bit surprised by this. And after all that, the food was okay but, sadly, nothing special. This is not to say I wouldn't ever go back, but there are quite a few other options in the area, so I'd probably give them a try first. Oh, and the night we were there they had a flamenco dancer and accompanying guitarists - they were definitely worth watching!

Chandler, Arizona
“My new favorite place in Old Town”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was my first time at Tapas Papa Frita, after a recommendation from a friend. We made reservations for 6 people (reservations are almost a must here). This place is a little hard to find as its entrance is not visible from the street (Stetson) but is on top of and behind another Mexican place. There is a nice bar that did not have a lot of people in it for happy hour on a Friday night. Bartenders recommended some awesome Spanish beers. I arrived at 5:15ish and it was empty... however by 6:30 the place was packed. The Decor is very cool, candles and tile everywhere. This is a white tablecloth place. To our surprise there were flamenco dancers at 7:30. Awesome entertainment. Ask for a table where you can view them. The entertainment was perfect.. not so loud where you couldn't have a conversation. Although we sat inside, I did notice a nice patio seating area as well. This is a Tapas place where it is a series of small "appetizer like" dishes... we just went with the waiters recommendations. The lamb was my favorite.
For 6 of us (only 4 were drinking alcohol) for dinner and deserts our bill was about $460 including tip. A little pricey for my liking but service/food and atmosphere were excellent.
This is a great place to impress out-of-town visitors or an anniversary dinner. It is directly on the beautiful Scottsdale waterfront. I highly recommend.
This is not really a place I would bring my young kids too.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE IN AN AMBULANCE FROM POISION”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

And end up in the ER all night (after fainting and going into convulsions) like both my other half and my friends wife did on Friday night, right after their meal...then go ahead and risk your entire weekend (and possibly life, depending on your age) by eating this terribly low quality, toxic, unsanitary, poisonous food...and enjoy the bill at full price with not a single item removed or even an simple I'm sorry from anyone in the restaurant. Worst experience ever! Ruined our birthday dinner and everyone's weekend. And both girls still don't feel right 5 days later...

2 Thank Niko D
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Outstanding location, great food”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Located just off the canal and adjacent to many of the craft booths of the Artisan Markets. After enjoying the crafts, we sat down on the outside patio and enjoyed their excellent food while listening to the music from the Market. Nice wines, too!

Visited March 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“great spanish dining”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Don't understand the poor reviews. food was great, service excellent and ambiance fantastic. Ok a little pricey but if you want all of the above and entertainment, you should expect to pay for it.