“Outstanding”
Review of Tapas Papa Frita

Tapas Papa Frita
Reserve with OpenTable
Tapas Papa Frita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #168 of 1,307 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Scottsdale Rd & Camelback
Transit: Scottsdale Trolley.
Reviewed November 4, 2012

If this is what the food of Spain tastes like, sign me up! My husband and I wanted to try something different. After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor, we chose Tapas Papa Frita. We are so glad we did. They have a very large menu with something for everyone. Between the two of us, we tried 7 different items, shrimp, meatballs, chicken, leek puff pastry, asparagus, crab stuffed peppers, cold tuna. We are having a difficult time deciding which was our favorite, because they were all so good. It was a beautiful night so we chose the patio, great choice. Everyone from the hostess to the busboy were very friendly and helpful. We were too early to see the flamenco dancers, they start around 8:00. We will definitley be back to see them and try more items.

1  Thank jaxman3

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were in town with family and wanted a place were we could share a variety of small plates. Tapas Papa Frita fit the bill. The atmosphere was nice, we chose to sit on the patio and dine el fresco. We ordered several different tapas including the lamb chop (a big hit), a meat plate, a couple of chicken dishes and a brochette. The food was good and the staff were great. The highlight of the meal was dessert, especially the churros. During diner we enjoyed the live music and after we stayed and watched a bite of the dancing. This is not a fine dining but it was perfect for what we were looking for, a fun family eating experience.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I dined last night at Tapas Papa Frita and had a great time. The food was so amazing that i think it will be my favorite place to dine. The service was great and very helpful in selecting which tapas to eat to accommodate my gluten free diet. They have a great patio to dine at. I had 2 glasses of wine that the server recommended and I really enjoyed it. I would recommend this place to anyone!!!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Tapas Papa Frita is ideally located along the canal in downtown Scottsdale with outdoor seating. There is a variety of legitimate Spanish tapas. This was my 3rd visit and I have tasted many of the tapas. They are all delicious. The staff is knowledgeable and always friendly. Would definitely go there again!

1  Thank LanYin
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Beautiful evening to sit out on their patio. Tried 4 different tapas, plenty for the 2 of us. Margarita was disappointing so went with wine after that. All the food was good, but service was lacking, server didn't seem particularly interested in doing a good job. Made a mistake and brought us a wrong dish--just swiped it away with no apology. Took a long time for plates to be cleared.