“A great spot to have a romantic evening on the patio”
Review of Tapas Papa Frita

Tapas Papa Frita
Reserve with OpenTable
Tapas Papa Frita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 1,307 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Scottsdale Rd & Camelback
Transit: Scottsdale Trolley.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I dined last night at Tapas Papa Frita and had a great time. The food was so amazing that i think it will be my favorite place to dine. The service was great and very helpful in selecting which tapas to eat to accommodate my gluten free diet. They have a great patio to dine at. I had 2 glasses of wine that the server recommended and I really enjoyed it. I would recommend this place to anyone!!!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Tapas Papa Frita is ideally located along the canal in downtown Scottsdale with outdoor seating. There is a variety of legitimate Spanish tapas. This was my 3rd visit and I have tasted many of the tapas. They are all delicious. The staff is knowledgeable and always friendly. Would definitely go there again!

1  Thank LanYin
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Beautiful evening to sit out on their patio. Tried 4 different tapas, plenty for the 2 of us. Margarita was disappointing so went with wine after that. All the food was good, but service was lacking, server didn't seem particularly interested in doing a good job. Made a mistake and brought us a wrong dish--just swiped it away with no apology. Took a long time for plates to be cleared.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I sat at the bar and was greeted by Kevin who serves there most days. When thinking about wines for the evening, he made great suggestions and was very friendly. The costs of wine ranges from $12 and up per glass. They are deep pours but pricy. Cheese is always perfect with wine so I ordered the cheese plate. It included apples, strawberries and a few different cheeses. I can't remember the cheeses now that were included other than to say I know they were wonderful. They served bread with a creamy white dip that had too much garlic for me although my niece enjoyed it. For dinner we shared the Pastel a la porrusalda. This leek tart in a pastry has left me with cravings for more. It was fantastic. It had a wonderful sauce that made me want a bowl of it. The Tortilla de Patatas or Spanish potato pie was disappointing and I wished I had ordered the Patatas Bravas which is pretty standard at many Spanish tapas restaurants. I also really enjoyed the Setas con queso which was a stuffed portabello with goat cheese. I am a vegetarian so I can't provide you with a review of any meat offerings but there are many selections with steak, ham and seafood on the menu. We went on a Friday night and there was a live band with flamenco dancers who were really terrific. We sat up at the bar nearest the door and the music and dancing was at a comfortable sound level. I would suggest doing the same or choosing to sit outside if you are there for lots of conversation. The entertainment can get very loud on the other side of the restaurant making it impossible to chat while they are entertaining. Parking throughout old town is not great but there is a low cost valet right across the street from the restaurant. To find this restaurant you need to look up the hill and the entrance is around the side. Not easy to see from the road and you almost feel like you aren't in the right area because there are two other restaurants highly visible on the lower street level area. Say hi to Kevin! If you found this review helpful please give me your helpful vote.

3  Thank Sofia R
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Can't forget the excellent experience the food and the flamenco show make me feel like in Barcelona Buy I give more value to this place because we are in Scottsdale arizona