“Peaceful retreat from shopping”
Review of The Herb Box

The Herb Box
Reserve with OpenTable
The Herb Box is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 1,257 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: Scottsdale Road
Description: Not since college have herbs been so popular - catering | eatery | market - Scottsdale, AZ
Calgary
“Peaceful retreat from shopping”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I enjoyed lunch on the patio overlooking the canal during a break from shopping in Old Town Scottsdale. Great little spot, with great salads and amazing Sangria.

Visited July 2012

“An okay place with okay food”
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Went to the Herb Box for dinner on a recent trip to Arizona. The restaurant looked nice from the outside with lights all around and inside, it had nice decor and seemed "cozy". We were a party of 4 and we were seated all the way in the back, isolated from the rest of the place. Our waitress was terrible and the food options werent that great. I'm not a picky eater, but nothing appealed to me and my dinner ended up being a side order of Mac & cheese (which was actually pretty good). Another person part of our group ordered the lamb chop and was dissatisfied. It wasn't cooked properly and was a really tiny portion. It was a first time visit for me to Arizona, and I'm sure there are far better places to go than the Herb Box. Again, not a terrible place but I honestly wouldn't recommend it.

“Horrible Service!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This restaurant was recommended through our hotel Concierge. We waited quite a long time for our food and we were not asked very often how things were etc. The food was certainly not mind blowing, it was very disappointing.

Visited May 2012
England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, superb service!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We chose this restaurant partly because my daughter is vegetariian, but there is plenty of choice for meat eaters too! We were really impressed with the layout of the restaurant, choice of food and excellent customer service. Shad served us, and helped us choose our courses and made suggestions so as not to order too much. We really had a great time here and would definitely return. My only negative comment would be that they don't take table reservations unless your party is over 5.

• Visited June 2012
Ogden, Utah
“An amazing lunch spot”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We went to the Herb Box for lunch on our way out of town. It was the best restaurant we went to during our 3 days of eating out 3 times a day.

We ate a late lunch (1:30pm), the restaurant was pretty busy for that time. We got a few lunch cocktails: a mojito and sangria. They both tasted a little weak (watery) compared to other mojitos or sangrias, but they were very refreshing.

Our server was very personable and attentive. I read a few negatives about service in other reviews, but we had excellent service.

We split the avocado love (which was amazing); then, my partner got the chicken wrap and I ordered the vegan nosh. Both lunch dishes were great. My vegan nosh had 4 different components and each was excellent - very fresh and filling with no meat or dairy.

The menu contains very informative info in terms of which dishes are vegetarian, gluten free, vegan, etc. Over 50% of the menu items do not have these specialty designations, so there is plenty for the everyday omnivore too.

The Herb Box was the perfect restaurant for a casual lunch, and next time we'll check it out for dinner. I just wish there was one closer to my home in Utah!

• Visited June 2012