“The dangers of ATVs”

$108.60*
and up
M1009 Blazer 4x4 Sonoran Desert Adventure from Phoenix
More attraction details
Owner description: Tame the rugged desert landscape on a H1 Hummer, M1009 Blazer/Jeep or guided/rental ATV tour – all powered by Bio-Diesel! Test your marksmanship with the Stellar Shooting Experience or try our Night-Vision and Stargazing Tours. Team building, catering and bar-service are also available. Serving the Valley of the Sun since 1997.
new york
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“The dangers of ATVs”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The rating is perhaps harsh, seeing the problems were self inflicted. I was attracted to this tour as it allowed you to take a kid under 14. the location is beautiful and the pick up from hotel is included. We were given tips about how to control the atv and 6 people - with varying degrees of experience - on the tour , went off into the desert. My son rode off into the desert once and was given more advice on driving. I have some experience on mountain bikes but none on atv's and midway through the tour, I slipped off the smooth upper part of the trail and got caught in a large rut on a steep slope which had been washed out and despite going slowly, I lost control went over a 3 foot drop and fell and broke my arm in 4 spots. The leader was right there to help but we had to leave the atv and I rode with the leader who had made me a sling and given pain killers. I had to endure a painful 40 minutes on back of atv, holding on with one arm for rest of tour and then wait in the van for the person to go back and retrieve the atv. Not sure what we would have done if someone else got hurt. So it is basically a one man operation . i was dropped at hospital after tour. Bottom line, these atvs have no speed limits and the trails are tough. so it offers excitement but is something goes wrong, you may face a helicopter rescue - 30k - cost - or hours before reaching emergency room. My medical costs are high, rest of vacation ruined and surgery and work issues now await. So was it worth the risk? i would not take my son again on this tour as this is just too dangerous, but he loved it. Clearly if i missed the accident, I would have said it was great tour but now I face a steel plate in my arm for the rest of my life. ATVs are big machines and these trails are just not for beginners.

5 Thank aussieNewYork

Nashville, Tennessee
“Something different....”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our family is lucky enough to travel to Scottsdale each President's day weekend. We are always looking for a "different " activity to share that gets us out of our routine. This year we spontaneously chose an ATV tour. We had an awesome time! Our guide, Chad, couldn't have been more encouraging to us first-timers. It was a great way to experience the desert and see the beauty of Arizona from another perspective. Great memories and a great new skill! (have a 15 yo daughter and 16 yo son)

“Excellent!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Scott was awesome. Would recommend to take and ask for Scott! It was very adventurous and great sites and views. The mountains were amazing.

Old Bridge, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“scott the guide”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Lets start off by saying Scott was the most knowledgeable tour guide I have been with. Make sure you ask for him if your 4 wheeling in the desert. He knows just about everything there is to know about the desert. Also a very nice and pleasant person.
The trip is fantastic! You go up and down some very steep hills really 4 wheeling. I would recommend this for anyone. Scenery is just fantastic. Scott points out stuff you would never see by yourself. Go for it and enjoy.

Houston, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Please do this!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Scenery is incredible, really great experience. Chad and Scott took care of everybody so well, and the pictures were up the same day as promised.