“Scrumptious Sunday brunch”

Ranked #12 of 1,307 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: One of the best breakfasts I have ever had. And the Barrista Bar has the best coffee...
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I had a great Sunday brunch today and the 30 minute wait for a table went by pretty quickly as Scottsdale Road is great for people watching.

I ordered the "Signature" French toast, which is a cinnamon Challah bread and comes with toasted nuts and fresh berries. As it was brunch (lunchtime) I had a poached egg and hash browns to make it more of a meal. The French toast was amazingly good - tasty and not greasy or heavy. The hash browns were pretty blah and the poached egg was a poached egg :)

My husband ordered the huevos rancheros and said the chilli was outstanding, but he wasn't as thrilled with the lettuce and bean mixture underneath or that the tortilla was soft.

The coffee was OK - not terrible but nothing special either. We sat outside which is great if you like people watching but be aware that you're on a busy street, so it's not quiet :)

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Terrific Lox Eggs Bene, Delicious Cheddar Jalapeño Biscuits & Gravy, but the best part of our breakfast was one perfect fluffy Buttermilk Pancake topped with Fresh Strawberries and whipped cream. Wish we lived in Scottsdale so we could come back.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Not sure where anyone could find fault in this restaurant. Great service in a touristy town, great prices, in a touristy town, great portions in a touristy town and great food touristy town. In all my travels both business and personal over the last 35 years this is the best breakfast place I have been too. It provides great food at GREAT prices. Service was excellent and professional and the outdoor seating was pleasant and enjoyable. This place represents what a breakfast place should be! Especially in a tourist environment. You leave happy and full and ready for your next adventure.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Disappointing. Arrive early Sunday morning. Nice cheerful place and counter seating for singles. It's mostly hard to screw up breakfast but some how they managed it. Cheerful servers and modest prices, maybe I just ordered wrong (then take it off the menu).

Drip coffee was lukewarm and devoid of any coffee flavor. I ordered the Huveos Con Masa as the server recommended. What arrived was nearly disgusting looking. A brick of con masa covered in a brown what can only be described as "travel sickness". With a portion of cold potatoes & peppers. A side of fruit had some splash over from the travel sickness (in theory chorizo sauce). Devoid of all flavor, I doused the entire plate in cholula sauce in a vein attempt to spice it up.

For a place that says they do breakfast better than anyone, this clearly misses the mark. Not worth any special effort to visit.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Did a search for the best breakfast in Old Scottsdale and this was the recommendation. We were not disappointed. From the moment we walked in to a packed restaurant on a Wednesday, we knew we were not misled. The Eggs Benedict and pancakes were both excellent. We would recommend this place for people who don't know where to go and want a great breakfast before starting your day.