“Unbelievable experience!!”
Review of Desert Wolf Tours

Desert Wolf Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Desert Wolf Tours is Scottsdale's #1 Ranked desert off-road and firearms Adventure! Better yet, we were named THE BEST OFF-PREMISES EXCURSION IN THE WORLD by TravelGolf and were just inducted into the TripAdvisor HALL OF FAME for earning their prestigious Certificate of Excellence for the 6th year in a row! At Desert Wolf Tours, YOU get to drive an authentic military-grade TomCar UTV. A Tomcar is smooth, fast, maneuverable and drives like no other off-road vehicle. Even if you've driven consumer grade UTVs and ATVs made by Polaris, Kawasaki, Yamaha, etc., you've never driven a military-grade UTV! They glide over the rocky terrain, leaving all others in the dust!! (Here is an added benefit - UNLIKE MOST AREA ATV TOURS, YOU DON'T NEED TO WEAR A HELMET ON OUR TOURS! So, no need to worry about that horrible "helmet hair".) As Arizona's #1 ranked self-drive tour outfit, Desert Wolf Tours provides unique tours to proprietary attractions that no other company offers. Because we're so near to most Scottsdale/Phoenix resorts, you'll be able to spend more time in the desert and less time in somebody else's van. We use the world's most comfortable off-road vehicles, have the best Adventure Guides and play in the most interesting terrain. With access to hundreds of thousands of acres of Desert Wilderness just North of Phoenix full of Cowboy history and gorgeous vistas, our guests leave our tours with awesome memories that last a lifetime? BOOK TODAY and we'll guarantee that you'll have a Great Time! NOTE - ALL OF OUR DESERT OFF-ROAD TOURS LEAVE FROM THE ROADRUNNER RESTAURANT AND SALOON, JUST A FEW MILES NORTH OF PHOENIX ON I-17.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unbelievable experience!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Alex was our tour guide! He was incredibly informative, patient, and fun! The tomcars were really really fun. I was in Phoenix visiting my 27 yr old son. He drove! We had a blast driving through rivers, turquoise mining, climbed up to an old Indian fort, and through all kinds of desert terrain! We just had a blast!! Thank you Alex!

Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful tour!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Chris at Desert Wolf Tours provided a wonderful tour of the desert on the last day of our long weekend in Scottsdale. We had fun driving and riding in the Tomcars. I went with three other friends on our girls' weekend. We learned a ton and saw some beautiful views. Highly recommend!! Only suggestion - don't do it on the last day of your trip before going to the airport. We got a little dusty and were not able to clean up before our trip - but we would still do it again! Thanks Chris!!

Wentzville, Missouri
“Desert Wolf Tour is Total Fun”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We recently took the half day afternoon tour. What a tour! Our guide Alex was very knowledgeable about the area and provided us with the right amount of info with the drive. And driving the Tomcar is fun in itself. We will do this again.

Willimantic, Connecticut, United States
“AWESOME AWESOME EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My daughter and I took a half day tour. The weather was unexpectedly cold for January in Phoenix. The tour guides made sure we were all warm before we took off. In my case, they gave me a blanket to use. I was very warm and comfortable. The guides are extremely nice, friendly and knowledgeable. They educate us on the desert plant and animal life etc. We stopped to dig for turquoise and climbed to Indian fort.. been in existence for maybe a thousand years!! It was just such an awesome time I couldn't recommend it MORE!! I look forward to returning for another trip. Great going guys.. you've made it exceptional. Thanks for all the fun.

Anthem, Arizona
“Exceeded ALL expectations!!!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Desert Wolf Tours Tom Car adventure was wonderful!!! The cars themselves are awesome and the guides are informative and a TON of fun! My mother and I had the time of our lives! We would do it again in a heartbeat!