“Exceeded ALL expectations!!!!”
Review of Desert Wolf Tours

Desert Wolf Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Desert Wolf Tours is Scottsdale's #1 Ranked desert off-road and firearms Adventure! Better yet, we were named THE BEST OFF-PREMISES EXCURSION IN THE WORLD by TravelGolf and were just inducted into the TripAdvisor HALL OF FAME for earning their prestigious Certificate of Excellence for the 6th year in a row! At Desert Wolf Tours, YOU get to drive an authentic military-grade TomCar UTV. A Tomcar is smooth, fast, maneuverable and drives like no other off-road vehicle. Even if you've driven consumer grade UTVs and ATVs made by Polaris, Kawasaki, Yamaha, etc., you've never driven a military-grade UTV! They glide over the rocky terrain, leaving all others in the dust!! (Here is an added benefit - UNLIKE MOST AREA ATV TOURS, YOU DON'T NEED TO WEAR A HELMET ON OUR TOURS! So, no need to worry about that horrible "helmet hair".) As Arizona's #1 ranked self-drive tour outfit, Desert Wolf Tours provides unique tours to proprietary attractions that no other company offers. Because we're so near to most Scottsdale/Phoenix resorts, you'll be able to spend more time in the desert and less time in somebody else's van. We use the world's most comfortable off-road vehicles, have the best Adventure Guides and play in the most interesting terrain. With access to hundreds of thousands of acres of Desert Wilderness just North of Phoenix full of Cowboy history and gorgeous vistas, our guests leave our tours with awesome memories that last a lifetime? BOOK TODAY and we'll guarantee that you'll have a Great Time! NOTE - ALL OF OUR DESERT OFF-ROAD TOURS LEAVE FROM THE ROADRUNNER RESTAURANT AND SALOON, JUST A FEW MILES NORTH OF PHOENIX ON I-17.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Desert Wolf Tours Tom Car adventure was wonderful!!! The cars themselves are awesome and the guides are informative and a TON of fun! My mother and I had the time of our lives! We would do it again in a heartbeat!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,427)
All reviews
"beautiful scenery"
"highlight of our trip"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The Desert Wolf Tours experience far exceeded the high expectations I had set for the tour. The Tom Cars were fantastic vehicles capable of scaling the desert terrain at an exhilarating pase. Although the off-road driving was exceptional, the tour operators made the day even more enjoyable. Both our tour guides were knowledgable about the area and brought us to multiple breath-taking panoramas, topped by stop at an old indian fort providing a 360 degree view of the desert and the surrounding mountains. I would recommend this tour to anyone in the area on vacation or even locals!!! 5 out of 5 stars is an understatement.

2  Thank Michael454545
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The full day would be too much to be bouncing around in your Tom Car. The tour is great and the tour guides are good. They take plenty of pictures throughout the trip, and its available online for free several weeks later. I've lived in AZ for 12 years and this was the first time I went on a tour like this. It's especially meaningful if you're from outside of AZ, since this scenery is not common to you. Though most cars sit 4, it's best to have only 2 per car. There is no "Desert Wolf" office that you meet at. You meet at a bar/restaurant called Roadrunniner. Be there at least 20 minutes departure time.

Pro: The cars are awesome to drive. If you catch a clear day, the scenery is great. You stop and dig for turquoise that you can keep. They take photos for you and it's free.

Con: You stay in a line the entire time and the pictures are taken from the front lead car. If you're not at the front, you dont get as many pictures. And the order never changes. They should have the front car go to the back throughout the tour to alternate who gets to be in front. Also, it's impossible to get a hold of them on the phone. Just email them.

1  Thank TripRed
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My 24 year old daughter and I took the tour in early January. This was my second tour with Desert Wolf. It was just as fabulous as my first experience. The guides are energetic and well trained. Being able to drive the Tomcar yourself is a definite bonus. I have sent over a dozen Arizona visitors to Desert Wolf Tours and they all agree it was the best part of their Arizona vacation. I highly recommend Desert Wolf tours!