“Food is excellent but the service was even better.”
Review of Modern Steak House - CLOSED

Modern Steak House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Natick, Massachusetts, USA
“Food is excellent but the service was even better.”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

On a business trip in Scottsdale this was recommended. Decor was open and trendy. Service was great. Friendliest staff I have met in a long time. The food was very good. Start with lobster in butter and truffles. Scallops were very good and the steak was cooked perfect. Will go again.

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good food, modern atmosphere”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am a fan of Fox Restaurant Concepts and this restaurant did not disappoint. The seafood tower had excellent seafood. I ordered the Chilean Seabass, and it was cooked perfectly. For dessert, I had a wonderful chocolate mousse cake. The wine list is expansive and the service was attentive. I would return.

• Visited February 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very good, but as all steak houses, pricey”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

very good, but as all steak houses, pricey. The quality and consistency if very good and you get a very good experience and food.

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good 'steakeria'”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I ate here on a work trip; I ordered the rib eye and was not disappointed. It was a nice a chunk piece of meat with a side of jacket potato with sour cream and bacon. Good service and reasonably priced.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Disappointing meal and service”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The restaurant was full on a Saturday night, but the servers seemed overwhelmed. We waited almost an hour for our food to arrive. My Sea Bass was undercooked and had to go back on the grill. When they finally returned it to me it had been properly cooked, but it was only lukewarm. The beet salad we ordered had a wonderful taste, but one of us almost broke a tooth on a pistachio nut that had not been shelled. The other two entrées at the table were also served barely warm. Same for the mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes also had a ton of butter on them. The server was unapologetic and did not offer us anything--not even to take off the beet salad. So we paid our $175.00 bill for three people, and we won't be going back.

• Visited February 2013