“Not What We Were Expecting, But a Pleasant Surprise”
Review of RnR

RnR
Reserve with OpenTable
RnR is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #317 of 1,250 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not What We Were Expecting, But a Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We showed up at RnR at 11am on a Saturday morning. Not only was it completely packed but there was a live DJ and the music was pretty loud. Not your usual Scottsdale Breakfast/Lunch joint, but we still decided to give it a try.

We waited about 10 minutes before being seated, and were asked for our drink orders right away. In fact service throughout our visit was excellent. Although we did have a primary server, a second waiter also checked on us and kept our drinks full. Teaming up like that always provides the best service and we appreciate the great job they did.

Two of us ordered the grilled chicken sandwich, which had brie cheese, sun dried tomatoes, pesto, and other flavors on it. The sandwiches were excellent, and both the sweet potato tater tots and Parmesan fries were terrific. The third member of our party had the southwest chicken salad, which was also excellent. The onion strings on the salad were particularly good. We asked for extra dressing which came right away at no additional charge. Although we didn't order breakfast items they are available until 2pm.

The crowd was eclectic. About half of the patrons were college students, and the rest were a mix of families with young children, 30 somethings, 60 somethings and everything in between. Many of the folks were taking advantage of the drink special of the day, which was Mimosas or Bloody Marys with unlimited free refills. The Bloody Marys in particular were in large glasses decorated with celery and green olives. Very festive looking.

Although the music was loud, the DJ was very good...Mixing together blends of 80s, 90s and current music. There are large TVs setup over the downstairs bar (there is another bar and patio upstairs that we didn't visit) tuned to sports channels.

This is one of the most unique restaurants in Scottsdale and may not be for everybody. But we enjoyed it and will return.

Surprise, Arizona
“OK”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I'm sure my review would be better if we hadn't waited 40 minutes for our food to be brought out raw. Then we had to wait another 20 mintues for it to be cooked. The place wasn't busy so there was no excuse. Others came and went while we waited. I will not go back there are too many other places.

Upstate NY
“College crowd on weekends but GREAT FOOD, Good Service”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Based on TA reviews, my spouse & I tried RnR. Bottomless Drinks on Sundays - College kids loved that :)... Very crowded 20 to 30 min wait. However the food was GREAT and the service was good. Noise wasn't too bad in the back corner. Animal Fries one of the best Aps to try, yum, yum.
Rock Shrimp Taco was good. Southwest Burger was very good - Plenty of food for the price. Nice beer selection. I would go back again when in town but may wait until after 3 pm when the refills on drinks end :).....

Calgary, Canada
“cool little place”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

we stopped here for a beer (mosly commercial rather than craft) but has a cool little patio with misters overlooking the main road. The waitresses were nice and well dresses. Would return for a weekend night for more lively atmosphere.

Visited August 2012
San Diego, California
“Industry or bust...”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

You get the feeling just from the first 10 steps from the sidewalk to the huge, opaque front doors that you're about to enter a members only clubhouse. The hostess was on the phone for about 35 seconds while my co-worker and I stood at the door waiting to be seated for lunch. Since it was 115 degrees out, we opted to sit inside and she began walking us over to a dirty table. I had been looking around the seemingly not-so-busy restaurant while waiting at the door for the hostess, and I noticed that the servers were just kind of hanging out, and I was't even really surprised that when she walked us over to the table, that it hadn't been bussed since the party had left before us. The man, who ended up being out server, saw us coming and tried to quickly wipe the table, but we still awkwardly had to stand there watching.

The menu had a great variety of food and drinks. The menu boasted a list of different specials for each day of the week. Every single day featured "Industry" discounts (with your industry card) which set the stage for the atmosphere of the place. If you already don't feel like an outsider being a tourist to the area, this place will shove it in your face. (I'm an industry worker in San Diego and it just seems like in general many restuarants have gone away with the industry cards & discounts - because in all honesty - your focus needs to be on your guests. They should be the ones who get the red carpet laid out for them - not the other local bartenders and servers). Anywho, I ordered the frozen margarita (which was perfect all around) and my coworker ordered the specialty lychee cocktail which she also said was really great. I still can't understand if the server was just being unattentive, or nervous for being new at the job - but I felt like I had to call him over to the table everytime we were ready to order our drinks, place our food order, ask for the check, get him to run our credit cards, etc. The food was good, nothing spectacular, yet the sweet potato tots were fun! Once our food was delivered to our table, it felt like a swarm of flies followed as well. My coworker and I kept having to swat them away while we were eating. Overall, we had a nice lunch - I'd probably go back but only for some drinks during happy hour.

• Visited August 2012