“A beautiful hotel!”

Talking Stick Resort
Ranked #41 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Stick on two separate nights on our visit to Arizona. The resort is beautiful! We took advantage of the giant pool area out back one afternoon. Service was very good by the pool, and the area was very clean. Rooms were impeccably clean. Comfortable beds, plenty of towels. We dined in the buffet one night and it was awesome. $22 includes soda and coffee. The food was well prepared and constantly being refreshed. Server in the buffet was fantastic. Over the top service to anything we asked for. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting the Phoenix / Scottsdale area.

• Stayed: September 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,227)

Reviewed September 26, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had the opportunity to spend an evening at this resort, primrily to see a Joe Walsh concert. When we checked in we got a room upgrade. Our room was beautiful. It was on an upper floor and had a very large outdoor deck with a view of the mountains. It also had a large walk-in shower with a rainfall shower head. Very nice! The resort is immaculate. the rooms, the corridors, the casino floor and the restaurants were all wonderful. No matter what your taste, there is a restaurant that will meet your needs--the largest variety I've ever seen. Then there was the concert. The facility was very nice and the sound was great. Jow Walsh played for 2.5 hours with no break. This guy can still rock. We have had problems at previous concerts with Security. Some people think they have the right to rush the stage during concerts obstructing the view of people who paid good money for premium tickets. Not so at Talking Stick. Concert security was excellent.After the concert, we went to the Dueling Piano bar. After that, another act was playing relaxing guitar music in yet another venue. It was a long night, but great fun. We will certainly return.

Room Tip: When making a reservation, we were given an option to obtain a room upgrade, if available, pon our a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry E
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I am from Arizona but decided to stay at the resort for the weekend. I had an amazing view of Camelback Mountain out of a corner view on the 12th floor. The service was truly outstanding and I loved everything about the resort. Perfect for a weekend getaway for one. Once I was in the hotel, I forgot that I was a casino attached. I'm not much of a gambler so I spent less than 10 minutes on the slots.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for cheaper rates/upgrades than Orbitz or other third parties.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RJ H
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The hotel is beautiful and well appointed. The shower is first class - rain shower head. The bed was extremely comfortable and the views are breath taking. I love breakfast and brunch buffets at the Wandering Horse Buffet! The rates are very reasonable for a four diamond hotel.

Room Tip: The views from the top floors are worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Addy B
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Everyone from the car valet to the housekeeping staff was amazing. I will deffinantly return. Service was GREAT! Housekeeping I think her name was Angelina was very friendly & professional. Also front desk staff on the night of 9/8 was very helpful and enjoyable, willing to go the extra mile to help out their guiests. I work at a upscale 4 Diamond resort in Sedona AZ and wanted to seriously recrute some of your hotel employees to come work for me! I didnt expect to stay the night in Pheonix but just landed on it after a days shopping. And so glad to stay here and take in the property! The room was very clean and tidy and smelled great like fresh linens. Housekeeping was great. Front desk check in was a breese, nice, smooth. Check out was equally amazing the little girl with long brown hair real skinny i forgot her name but she was really great! very helpful. The service from everyone was EXCEPTIONAL! Next time I will book ahead so I can utilize your spa amenities they were booked up and on a Sunday I hear its hard to get a apt because they fill up fast. If their service is like the hotels I see how. We will defenitly return. Your GM should be proud!

Room Tip: Amazing bedding in the rooms. We choose a poolside room and it was amazing. Just remember on Sunda...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were looking for a hotel to wind down our road trip before heading to the airport. We stayed here two nights, and were not dissapointed. Beautiful hotel and pool. Large, quiet rooms with great view (we saw the sunset over the mountains - awesome). Excellent service - very pleasant and helpful. Great price. We even had fun in the casino! We are NOT smokers and and understood it would be smoky in the casino and were worried if it would carry over to the rooms. But don't worry - it doesn't.
Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple