“Loved the yeasty bread loaves”
Review of Amy's Baking Company - CLOSED

Amy's Baking Company
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Loved the yeasty bread loaves”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Amy is an amazing cook. The bread is second to none. Especially the whole wheat.
She grinds her own flour so it is organically delicious. I love plain good bread dipped in olive oil
& hers IS the best.
Although she has a chip on her shoulder her chocolate chip cookies are pretty wonderful too.
Really enjoyed myself here& the wonderful smells wafting in the bakery make my mouth water
For more of Amy's famous whole wheat bread. Maybe add some...olives?!

3 Thank Rene L

Tucson, Arizona
“Can't wait to return”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Amy's pastries are awesome. We tried three different ones and could not decide upon a favorite . Each bite was delicious. We plan to return to Amy’s on our next trip to Scottsdale.

5 Thank Nancy S
“Best Deserts We have ever had!!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

While a short visit to Scottsdale, my sister, my mother and I had the awesome chance to happen by Amy's Baking Company. The restaurant was spotless and the owners greeted us sweetly and openly. We will definitely return!!! Thanks, Amy and Sami. You made us quite happy that afternoon.

8 Thank Parker P
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Flat Bread and Hummus; Even Better Desserts”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Looking to kill an hour on Saturday night before seeing Planet of the Apes in the theatre across the way, my eleven year old and I decided to try this place and it was a total failure in that it only killed 30 minutes. However, the upside was that the food was outstanding and the service couldn't have been better.

I wanted something light so the server recommended the flat bread with some type of hummus - I don't remember what it was called, but it was absolutely delicious and was more than enough for the both of us. And we split a chocolate tart for desert - not only was it scrumptiously rich, but it was BIG - neither of us could finish it.

In fact, the food was good enough that neither of us wanted our leftovers to spoil in the car while we watched the movie, so we opted to drive back to the hotel and put them in the fridge, which made us miss our movie time, but that's okay, we caught the next one and all is well.

6 Thank cessnajockey
Carmel
“Worth a visit...”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We just had to try out this restaurant since seeing the negative reviews regarding the owner on the Food Channel. It wasn't busy so the owner's husband waited on us. He was very gracious and offered suggestions for lunch. We were not disappointed; either by the service nor the food. I suppose if busy the service may have been different. We were too full to eat dessert there, but we did take some to go. We'll definitely go back when we are in town again. Give it a try and expect an interesting visit.

• Visited June 2014